Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/16/2003 6:07:15 PM EDT
first off i got my pcr-16 tonight... i also have a new bushmaster shorty...anyway... i live the bushy, and their is just a little play between upper and lower... gun is all original with about 500 rds through her without missing a beat... the olympic... has no play...between upper and lower... also a nice trigger... fit and finish is flawless... now having said that... white grease is still all through the gun... but i tried my 20 round thermold... a bushmaster 10 round and the clip it came with.... my GI 30 rounders are somewhere else.... anyway... when bolt and carrier are back... all the clips insert fine... but when i put the carrier forward... i have to strugglw with them all to go in and lock???? //// normal? what causes this? with that said it is still only 5 hours old to me... anybody have this quirk??? thanks.....
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:17:46 PM EDT
Ah, er, what clip?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:21:48 PM EDT
Congratulations on your new rifle!! Now, for the problem. I had a similar thing going on with mine when using Thermold mags, though, GI mags were fine. I figured out that the indentation on the side of the mag wasn't high enough for the mag latch to slip into and lock in place. What I did was lightly file the top edge of the mag-lock indent on the mag itself with my Dremel tool(making sure to not round off the edges). I repeated this process until it seated fine. Now, all my Thermolds function flawlessly. Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:22:37 PM EDT
I'm not sure how much struggling you're doing, but when you insert a magazine, you should just have to slap the bottom and have it lock in place. What exactly do you mean by "struggle"?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2003 11:38:08 PM EDT by _DR]
my bushmaster mags fit fight in my PCR7 Magwell, the USGI and SA80 mags are fine. With a bit of tetra grease, and use, the bushy mags seem to fit better.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:46:04 AM EDT
Umm,... Were your mags loaded when you were trying to insert them into the mag well w/ the bolt forward? This might be the problem. You were trying to "push" the top round down deeper into the thermold! On a good portion of thermolds I have seen, a small amount of material must be removed from the TOP of te feedlip (NOT the inside lips of the feed lips) for this very purpose! I would not rcommend removing any more material from your mag catch. Then again, it would be a cheap fix if you take off too much material, and the bolt starts to fail to strip a round when it cycles.
Top Top