Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/15/2003 4:08:03 AM EDT
I just got my new RRA varm. in after a 11 week wait. so far I am very pleased with my choice. but the trigger is not what I suspect I thought on a 2 stage you would feel a diff. change in it. like in the 1 stage mine just takes up slack then it breaks clean. Its nice real lite but its just not I cant tell if its working properly. maybe with more ammo down range it break in. any suggestions or am i nuts, all so any one with this rifle what ammo have you found to be best 1/8 twist.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:30:57 AM EDT
I recently put a RRA 2 stage trigger in my rifle also. The first 40 - 50 rounds thru the rifle the trigger had a definate catch point between stage 1 and stage 2 with a nice clean break on stage 2. After those first rounds the trigger started functioning just as you describe. Having never used a 2 stage trigger I don't know if this is normal or not. I definately liked the catch point (don't know the proper terminology for this point) operation better however. Shabo
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:36:51 AM EDT
I have used 2 stage triggers before but this one def. dont have that catch in the 1 stage what shall i do?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:58:52 AM EDT
First time used a two stage I thought it was slack also. It isn't, it is kinda like taking a big lever, so you have a lot of travel but have to push only slight, using that big lever to take away half the sear engagement. Then you go to the second stage with a short pull. Bang. Or something like that. They are nice triggers, not fired one, just worked it in the lower. Kinda long reset? But I don't know, never rapid fired one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:46:33 AM EDT
Even after being bump-fired, mine still works like it should.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:34:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fistpoint: Even after being bump-fired, mine still works like it should.
View Quote
I CANNOT bump my RRA 2 stage trigger. (I can only bump my SAR-1 with a crappy trigger...)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:38:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By busterar15: I have used 2 stage triggers before but this one def. dont have that catch in the 1 stage what shall i do?
View Quote
Is it a 2 stage trigger? (I'm not trying to insult any AR experience that you have with this question.) Have a digital camera? Take the grip off, remove the safety, and pop the pins out of the trigger assembly. Clean all friction surfaces. Check for burrs. The 3 RRA rifles I have owned w/ 2 stages never gave me any problems. (Sold one of them...) ALL RRA 2 stage triggers I have tried work flawlessly. Chances are: #1 It needs a break in. (Buy a snap cap if it bothers you dry-firing it) #2 You got a parts kit gun, or a RRA factory lower built without their 2 stage trigger in it. (Yes, they offer this. It's in the back of the catalog.)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:40:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mugzilla:
Originally Posted By fistpoint: Even after being bump-fired, mine still works like it should.
View Quote
I CANNOT bump my RRA 2 stage trigger on my std a2 or my varminter lower. I have never seen or heard of a RRA 2 stage being bumped. (I can only bump my SAR-1 with a crappy trigger...)
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:35:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mugzilla: I CANNOT bump my RRA 2 stage trigger. (I can only bump my SAR-1 with a crappy trigger...)
View Quote
Well, it only worked the very first time I ever tried it...every other attempt was single or double shots :( But the one and only time was indeed 30 rounds in 2 seconds!! Anyway, the point was just to show that after abuse it still worked properly. I do not plan to try it anymore...well maybe just once more :)
Top Top