Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 4:08:03 AM EDT
I just got my new RRA varm. in after a 11 week wait. so far I am very pleased with my choice. but the trigger is not what I suspect I thought on a 2 stage you would feel a diff. change in it.  like in the 1 stage mine just takes up slack then it breaks clean.  Its nice real lite but its just not I cant tell if its working properly. maybe with more ammo down range it break in.  any suggestions or am i nuts, all so any one with this rifle what ammo have you found to be best 1/8 twist.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:30:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently put a RRA 2 stage trigger in my rifle also. The first 40 - 50 rounds thru the rifle the trigger had a definate catch point between stage 1 and stage 2 with a nice clean break on stage 2. After those first rounds the trigger started functioning just as you describe. Having never used a 2 stage trigger I don't know if this is normal or not. I definately liked the catch point (don't know the proper terminology for this point) operation better however.

Shabo
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used 2 stage triggers before but this one def. dont have that catch in the 1 stage what shall i do?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
First time used a two stage I thought it was slack also.  It isn't, it is kinda like taking a big lever, so you have a lot of travel but have to push only slight, using that big lever to take away half the sear engagement.  Then you go to the second stage with a short pull. Bang.

Or something like that.  They are nice triggers, not fired one, just worked it in the lower.  Kinda long reset?  But I don't know, never rapid fired one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:46:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Even after being bump-fired, mine still works like it should.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I CANNOT bump my RRA 2 stage trigger. (I can only bump my SAR-1 with a crappy trigger...)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:38:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have used 2 stage triggers before but this one def. dont have that catch in the 1 stage what shall i do?
View Quote

Is it a 2 stage trigger? (I'm not trying to insult any AR experience that you have with this question.) Have a digital camera?

Take the grip off, remove the safety, and pop the pins out of the trigger assembly. Clean all friction surfaces. Check for burrs. The 3 RRA rifles I have owned w/ 2 stages never gave me any problems. (Sold one of them...) ALL RRA 2 stage triggers I have tried work flawlessly.

Chances are:

#1 It needs a break in. (Buy a snap cap if it bothers you dry-firing it)

#2 You got a parts kit gun, or a RRA factory lower built without their 2 stage trigger in it. (Yes, they offer this. It's in the back of the catalog.)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:40:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I CANNOT bump my RRA 2 stage trigger on my std a2 or my varminter lower. I have never seen or heard of a RRA 2 stage being bumped. (I can only bump my SAR-1 with a crappy trigger...)
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:35:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I CANNOT bump my RRA 2 stage trigger. (I can only bump my SAR-1 with a crappy trigger...)
View Quote

Well, it only worked the very first time I ever tried it...every other attempt was single or double shots :(
But the one and only time was indeed 30 rounds in 2 seconds!!

Anyway, the point was just to show that after abuse it still worked properly. I do not plan to try it anymore...well maybe just once more :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top