Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 6:05:13 PM EDT
Well the Perfect AR V 1.0 was a Pre-ban Olympic Arms lower with a Bushmaster 14.5" w/Phantom suppressor upper wearing an Aimpoint Comp ML and DPMS rear sight designed for CQB. It's pictured in many avitars here.

Now V2.0 is finished:

As you can tell I don't like a lot of crap hung off the rifle. Light and fast is better than pretty. Here's what's inside:

Armalite post-ban lower
OD Green Armalite furniture
Duckbill storage pistol grip
Jewell two stage trigger set to 1 pound
Bushmaster A2 upper - modified*
Bushmaster ultra-light post-ban 20" barrel
Harris bi-pod stud
Trijicon compact ACOG (3x, crosshair with BAC)
Not shown Gile's tactical sling

* Drilled second mounting hole for ACOG further aft allowing for perfect eye alignment with the iron sights. The ACOG has been modified with a second hole drilled and tapped but this thing fit so tight that I deemed the second screw not necessary.

The idea was a light weight rifle with enough barrel to reach out and hit someone - 20" will keep the velocity up out to good distance.

The Jewell trigger has proven itself 100% but still I'd drop a USGI one in a heart beat come time to put lead on meat.

I haven't been shooting with the thing but knowing Bushmaster's crome lined barrels it's going to be good enough for my use.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
NICE!!!!  I like the green furniture too!!  [wow]
[bounce]
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a beautiful looking rifle.  The 20 round mag also adds to the coolness factor.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
very, very nice rifle!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Might I ask you to post a pic of the first rifle you described.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=87[/img]

Olympic Arms pre-ban lower, Bushmaster shoulder shock, M-4 upper with 14.5" barrel with permenantly attached Phantom brake, Aimpoint Comp ML in an Aimpoint RailGrabber, DPMS rear sight, Trijicon trilium front site. Not shown new duckbill storage pistol grip (BattleGrip) and 20 round magazine [;)].

Between these two rifles I'm good to go for anything short of target shooting which I've got a rifle dedicated for. These rifles can do everything ... but not all at once.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=87[/url]

Olympic Arms pre-ban lower, Bushmaster shoulder shock, M-4 upper with 14.5" barrel with permenantly attached Phantom brake, Aimpoint Comp ML in an Aimpoint RailGrabber, DPMS rear sight, Trijicon trilium front site. Not shown new duckbill storage pistol grip (BattleGrip) and 20 round magazine [;)].

Between these two rifles I'm good to go for anything short of target shooting which I've got a rifle dedicated for. These rifles can do everything ... but not all at once.
View Quote

Don't believe I've ever seen a DPMS rear sight before.  Looks as if everything you've put together is relatively simple and, therefore, likely to work !!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Simple is functional - fewer moving parts mean less thing to break in the field.

The $55 DPMS uses a pair of screws to hold it in place and mounts at the same height as the detachable carry handle sight. There's another brand of sight that runs better than three times the cost of the DPMS sight and uses a single screw to hold it in place. I don't believe in spending money on things that don't need spending money on. (except ammo [:D])
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice setup/setups. Anything else planned for your next project? I'm working off a postban BM, Ace stock, BMAS Qaudrail, hell I'll just post pics when its done.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice setup/setups. Anything else planned for your next project? I'm working off a postban BM, Ace stock, BMAS Qaudrail, hell I'll just post pics when its done.
View Quote

I'm still living in California so I doubt that I'll be buying or making any more AR's [:)] and I do have a few too many now [:D]. No really.

I'm working on a Remington 700 in .308 that needs a nice scope to finish it off. It got too darn hot to continue out in the high desert where I shoot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top