Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/14/2003 12:41:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2003 12:44:15 PM EDT by 800Mtrs]
I am buying a RRA lower (post ban) tomorrow and I wanted to see if anyone has ahd any issues with them. I am buying it either way since it is a good deal. I just wanted to see what the pluses or negatives are with this brand. I only have one Bushy witha 16" HBAR (love it) and a lonely AA .50beowulf upper waiting for a mate. Thanks for your input.
i.e. would it be OK to put the .50 on the RRA lower?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:09:55 PM EDT
I've never heard of any quality problems with RRA. I've had personal contact with the company owners and found them to be good people who are serious about producing good products. The only negative thing I can say is that the RRA lower stamping scheme is about as plain-jane as you can get--looks like they could use some imagination and come up with something with a better appearance. That hasn't stopped them from selling all they can make, though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:12:21 PM EDT
If they did that, then they would be as much as Colts....[;)] Keep em plain jane, and keep on selling them RRA.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:27:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2003 3:34:03 PM EDT by AMOS]
I received a new RRA lower from Lexington Arms in the mail today. Just walked upstairs from putting it together. I stated working on it around 5:30 pm. I took my time, and had no problems. I have assembled at least 20 clones since early eighties, most of them being SGWs or Bush Masters. The RRA seems to be right on the money and fit all my uppers tight. The finish was great. Now call me crazy, but the reason I picked this lower was because it did not have an ugly dragon or panther on the side of it. I think the oly dragon is ugly, I like the stop sign olys I have better. I think the writing on the side looks more military or generic. BTW, I got the new lower for 99 bucks which also included shipping, and they took a CC instead of paypal. One of the guys I worked with put three together at the same time, the last one he assembled gave him a problem. The pin fit real hard which held in the trigger gaurd, and he broke off one of the ears. I always support the lower with the swing out trigger gaurd in place while driving in the roll pin. I also use a little lube. I think this was his error, not RRA lower fault. If your upper was designed to fit an AR clone lower, it should not be any problem, as the RRA seems to be very well made. Amos
Top Top