Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2003 4:15:58 PM EDT
I was all set and ready to build my second black rifle. (first one being a RRA 20” SS barrel. Love those RRA’s) I’m planning an RRA entry tactical with an Eotech 512 on top. I actually got my wife to buy into the plan as well but now there’s this HR-2038 thing that’s slowing me down.

Dilemma: Do I build the rifle and risk Senator StickyFeingerstein coming to my house to take it… or do I wait for sunset and add the “Evil” cosmetics? I'm thinking I may buy the lower and wait…any suggestions.

I'm also thinking about possibly going with a 9mm upper, anyone have any experience with them? What do you think. I like the .223 but 9mm is easier to reload.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember even if the Federal law sunsets, State laws will remain in effect.  I forget how strict CT laws are, but I do believe that you are too close to NY and not close enought to PA and NH.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
As I read it if you have your rifle before 2038 is passed it will be grandfathered.  You will just have to go through an FFL to pass it on to anyone, children and relatives included.

I wouldn't fret about it any way.  It is more of a ploy to make renewing the current assault weapons ban look moderate.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Do it now... build it... when the AWB sunsets, depending ofcourse on relevant CT law, add your 'features'...

Should, God forbid, 'they' do come to your house to take it, you've got 2 AR's to 'give' to them... [;)]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It's my understanding that Connecticut Law will supercede the federal law after/if the Federal AWB sunsets.  In other words, until the laws in CT regarding the evil features are changed,(possibly through litigation), we have to keep our AR15s nice and post-ban.  The [devil]"liberals" [devil] really have taken their toll.  So, as was previously mentioned, enjoy building your ARs as soon as you want to.  If the fed AWB sunsets, and CT law ever changes you could always buy a new (preban)upper, or start another project!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with DarkStar...safety first...NEVER hand someone a loaded weapon :)  ALWAYS empty it first, check it to be sure it's empty, then hand it to the person.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top