Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/11/2003 6:46:18 AM EDT
Thinking of putting together a Colt postban and wondering if getting the lower with the Colt target trigger is the way to go or aftermarket?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:57:57 AM EDT
Well I'll jump in with my 2 cents. I installed a JP trigger/hammer kit in a Colt several years ago and love it. Over 5,000 rounds and no problems. I just put one in a BM Pre- Sept 94 and had 2 customers try it while they were at the shop. Both are bringing in theie AR's next week for me to install their JP triggers.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:15:33 AM EDT
Although the Colt target trigger/hammer are better than the average mil-spec FCG, they in no way begin to compare to a good aftermarket setup like the JP.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:11:23 AM EDT
I recently bought a Colt accurised trigger for my HBAR. It is much better than a standard trigger, is single stage, and is a drop in with the Colt sear block. I like it, and am shooting much better offhand groups with it. I think it has slightly improved with about 200-300 rds through it, but I haven't actually measured it. It doesn't begin to compare with the KAC 2 stage trigger in my SR25, but I also only paid $80 for it on sale from SAWLEsales. For me, the trigger was a nice improvement at a reasonable cost. If your postban colt doesn't have a sear block, the Rock River trigger (Colt large pin is now available) is generally getting good reviews as well. I would probably have gotten this trigger-but it isn't a drop-in with the sear block.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:03:00 PM EDT
I have the Jp's in two AR15's and the Accuracy Speaks trigger in a Stoner SR25. I have been completely satisifed with both setups and both manufacturers stand solidly behind their products. Good luck. SD
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:45:56 PM EDT
Jewell.
Top Top