Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 4:03:40 PM EDT
stupid question I am sure but Wheres the chamber, is it in the bolt assmble|? begining of the barrel or in the reseavor
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The chamber is where th round sits before it's is discharged.  "One in the chamber," is a weapon that will go "bang" when you pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess what I mean is when bushmaster says The chambers are chrome plated for long life and ease of maintenance where are they takhing about
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The chamber is the beginning of the barrel. The larger area before the rifling begins.

This is the area where the round fits before being discharged.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
so unless Iam missing somthing if you have a cromed barrel you would have to have a cromed chamber if they are bult together  wright ? I just bought a upper and the barrels crome but I dint see any thing about the chamber I bought the upper from model 1 sales its a 24 in to replace my bussmaster m4 I am going to use the bolt assembly from my m4, and was wonder if it was worth swiching the resevers if the bushmast was chromed or something because I plan to shoot the 24" alot more than the m4
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Look into your upper receiver, from the back end (not the end the bullet comes out).  

Compare what you see on the Bushmaster M-4 to the 24" upper receiver- do they look the same?  If so, you've got a chromed chamber.  

Shine a light into the chamber (from the rear), and place a white piece of paper in front of the muzzle, if you have a hard time seeing inside the weapon.

Considering that the AR15 is a complex weapon, and seeing that you are a newbie, (no offense), I highly recommend reading the AR15 FAQ, and all the FAQ's you can find on this site- im me if you need any more help.    
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought the upper from model 1 sales its a 24 in to replace my bussmaster m4
View Quote

I don't believe that Model 1 sells a chrome-lined, chrome chambered 24" barrel?? Do you mean that its a chrome moly barrel? Which is the material all non-SS barrels are made of. Chrome-lining and chambers is a different process.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
ok I missed that should have spent the extra 150 for the bushmaster upper
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Not necessarily a bad thing, you just can't abuse it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top