Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/8/2003 12:30:55 PM EDT
Im about to order a set of free-floating handguards for my AR. There are lots of aluminum and fiberglass free float tubes that say they are "national match".  I though to stay in the stock service rifle competition your gun had to look just like a regular M-16, but those completely round and aluminum tubes don't do that. What do I have to get to stay in service rifle competition. Im just shooting for fun, but would like to be in the same category as everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
None of the aluminum tube "race gun" float tubes are DCM legal. Your rifle MUST look like it has standard hand guards on it. Try Compass Lake Engineering... that's what I put on mine. Your grip... same story... has to be a stock grip. I put a Hogue on mine because, so far, Ihaven't shot any DCM matchs and the Hogue is NRA High Power legal. If I decide to shoot a DCM, the original grip is in my range box and it takes 2 minutes to change if I take my time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said.  The handguards must look like regular round handguards, or you'll be shooting a match rifle.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top