Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 2:58:41 PM EDT
I recently posted this same thread in the hometown section, but I need more responses so here it goes- How are the gunshows down there? Specifically the Harrisburg one? Are there many AR's, high cap mags, ammo deals, Tannerite, etc or are they just your average show?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#1]
gunner-1. I have been going to the Harrisburg show for many years. It has everything your looking for. One of the best shows around. I have one small problem with the show. Until my last trip there, the parking has been free. The State now collects a $5.00 fee for parking. It's not the money. I see it as a new state tax. I e-mailed the people who run the show and told them I would miss their show. I found a really nice show near Allentown. Has everything the Harrisburg show has. Like I said, the Harrisburg show is a very nice show that you can find almost anything firearms related. Enjoy.   [bounce]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Harrisburg show always has a lot of military styled weapons. It should have anything you might want.
RR
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know when the Harrisburg show is?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out this web site for their schedule.  www.nep.net/~maacpsse/ The Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors Assoc. puts these shows on.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Shotgun News has the date for Harrisburg at the Farm Show Complex on Aug.23rd.& 24th. Says they have 1000 tables. I just went to one at the Expo Center a couple of weeks ago and that one was real nice. Have not been to Harrisburg but may try this time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b] If anyone else is interested in PA shows , you can find a list in Pa HomeTown .  The Allentown Shows are coming up . There's 2 weeks of shows there , it's a good idea to call the numbers listed  to see if the show got canceled. (Allentown shows have a habit of getting canceled) . [/b]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Should be in the Calendars at
[url]http://www.PA-AR15.com[/url]
and
[url]http://www.MD-AR15.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#8]
There are a few gun shows in Harrisburg, however the big one occurs in December.  I spent alot of money at the last show in December....word of advice...if you go to the show...bring a luggage cart to lug the items you buy....I made the mistake of not having one and I bought tons of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks to all that replied. It's looking like the four hour car ride may be worth it afterall. Does anyone know the importation laws into New York from a neighboring state?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I just went to the Valley Forge show in June.They have one there quarterly.I just bought a bushmaster Varminter special for $900.I have been there a few times and got to know one of the ammo dealers there.I pick up 1000 rounds of 9mm winchester value packs for $115,1000 rounds of ak47 food for $85 and usually pick up a m48 mauser or other russian surplus rifle for $100 each time i go.
  The one thing that i can say about this show is that if you are buying alot of ammo.either bring a hand truck or a friend.It is alot of heavy lifting to walk it all the way back to the car.If they show is being held in the lower level which it is sometimes then you have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to ground level.
  Also the show there fills up quick so i try and figure out what i want to buy ahead of time.I get there a half hour before the show starts so i am one of the first in line and i run to the ammo man and take it to my car right away.The show starts at 9am on Saturday and is packed by 11am.After i make my important purchases then i will fight the crowds wial i walk around looking to buy what ever gun that i see i like and can afford with the money left over in my pocket.I live in New Jersey so i really enjoy going to these shows.None around where im at.Hope this helps
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I live in Allentown and there are usually 2 shows a month here:  One at the PA Expo Center and one at the Allentown Fairgrounds.  BOTH are excellent shows with a huge selection -- comparable to the Harrisburg shows.  Also, parking is free.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top