Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 3:07:07 AM EDT
I went to the range yesterday with a newly installed RRA 2 stage NM trigger. Man what a difference!! My groups tightened up considerably at 100 and 200 yds. Still far from a single ragged hole however.

When I pulled the trigger back thru the first stage then released pressure because of gusty winds the trigger did not return to the starting position. Is this normal or do I need to make some adjustments? If adjustments are necessary what should I do? Thanks for any help.

Shabo
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Something sounds like it is off a little. I have a few Hollinger tuned RRA NM triggers and they always return. First thing I would check is if the springs are laying correctly.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds funky. Mine, if pulled for the length of the 1st stage, then let off, returns to the "starting point".

One thing: Clean the surfaces well. Lightly oil them. ALWAYS clean your trigger! Grit and grime, when trapped in the oil, can lap your surfaces down...
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine did the same exact thing when I first installed it. It disappeared after dry-cycling about 20-30 times. The way I do it is (making sure weapon is clear, first) charge the weapon, pull trigger, while holding trigger in rearward most position, charge the weapon again then repeat process. Worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:07:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses guys. 2Manchu I tried the dry firing you suggested. Seemed to work real well, no more sticking. Thanks bro!! We'll see what happens at the range next time.

Shabo
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top