Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2003 10:08:43 PM EDT
I would like to hear about accuracy, handling, recoil, muzzle blast, customer service, relaibility etc
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one but have fired many and have dealt with the company on lots of occasions.  

Accuracy is outstanding!  With the training or duty rounds expect 1/2 MOA at 100 yards and about 3/4 to 1 MOA at 400.  The 385 grain Remington's give around 3/4 MOA at 100 yards and the 325 gr Speer HP's are abot 1 MOA at 100 yards.  

Recoil is more than managable.  Similar to an 8lb 308 and less than an M14.  The push is very much like that of a shotgun, the integral muzzle break reduces felt recoil by about 35%.  

Muzzle blast is fine, in low light you get a muzzle flash about the size of a small orange, remember you've got one and a half tons of muzzle energy there, the compensator and the swept back quad rail deflect the blast away from the shooter.  

Customer service IMHO is second to none and I know a couple of actual customers that swear by them, all the military guys are happy too.  One guy on this board isn't too happy with them from a customer service point of view but that's between him and them.  He isn't a customer.  

Reliability, well I can only go on the one's that I've fired and I've been 100% happy with them.  I've personally fired a few thousand rounds through them with no problems and the weapon has been through the US Army M16 endurance test.  

Quality is suberb as is finish although some of the earlier weapons were more military grade than commercial grade.  From what I've seen and heard, the company has addressed that issue.  

Hope this helps?  
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an LW15.499.  I decided to buy a complete rifle rather than just the upper but have used the upper on my Armalite lower with no problems.  

Fit and finish of the rifle are just about the best I've seen, I've set mine up with a Leupold CQT and it's a great combo.  

The 499 is just awesome, I've put about 800 rounds through it so far with no problems, I like the fact that the rifle has a lifetime warranty.  

Basically, I can't fault it.  It creates loads of interest anywhere I show up with it which can be a pain sometimes if you're trying to get some serious shooting in.  It's just great fun.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top