Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2003 5:49:14 PM EDT
Question for you experts, I was cleaning my new J&T 16" Carbine today and noticed that the alum. Buffer had little indintation marks all around the face of it where the bolt carrier contacts it. Is this normal,I did lube the buffer with moly lube before inital firing,even this contact point! The marks remind me of knurling.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a Bushmaster lower.Thank's for the quick reply j3,i'll ck that out!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I had EXACTLY the same thing happen with my Bushy Superlight.  The cutout on the carrier did have a little flare out from machining.  Just from breaking open the gun it scratched the face of the buffer.  Took a file to the tail of the carrier and ended the problem.  It might have looked small but if you have had a run in with a baby's fingernail it does not take much to make an impact.  Just bevel the cutout opening a hair.  Happy shooting.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thx gent's it was indeed the cutout,as it had a bur all the way around it,and the little cuts didn't go out to the edge of the buffer. Polished it down with a cratex wheel on a dremal.Thx again for the info,this is a great forum!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top