Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 4:16:40 PM EDT
Who makes the Best tactical Vest with the most pockets for AR15 Magazines?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about "most pockets" but I really like my eagle industries vest.  

Blackhawk is similar, but for the last few years they have been trading off their name and have moved their factories to Vietnam.

People who have them swear by SOE.  Little more pricey.    
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Dear Mr Fell-of-the-truck:

I don't know what your line of business is but the "best" choice of any gear is mission-dependent?  If you're in law enforcement than either the TAC-V series from Eagle Industries or the Omega series from BlackHawk will serve you, you can load 12 fully loaded mags in both of those.  If you're military than you can choose the above or any number of fine LBEs out there, check out Lightfighter.com.  If you are a civilian shooter preparing for the end of the world, again the above will probably fit the bill.  However, if you plan on fighting with full kit you better train with it.  12 magazines weigh 12 pounds, add water, a pistol maybe, some pistol mags, a combat/utility knife and you now have 25 pounds.  Don't always think about packing the maximum load, light is usually right.  Cache the rest until you need it.  Some minor thoughts on the subject...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Try www.highspeedgearinc.com.  This guy has some awesome stuff and it's all made in his garage.  I personally have one of the DENALI Vests and it's the best thing since sliced bread!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with Lance, your best bet would probably be to go over to the forums on [url=]Lightfighter.com[/url] and perform a search. There are probably "hundreds" of threads debating the various assault/tac vests (SOE, TT, Blackhawk, Arktis, etc.).

Anyway, I'm kinda partial to the Tac. Tailor 2-piece MAV assault vest.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You could walk into Lighfighter butt-naked with an M4 and a 1911 and get everything you need to fight WW3.  Brad is the man, no sense in shopping anywhere else.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
[IMG]http://www.ironwolfent.com/graphics/product1015_thumbnail.jpg[/IMG]
[URL]http://www.ironwolfent.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?store=&search=yes&detail=yes&product=1015&category=&keywords=&hits_seen=108&page=search.html&and=&affiliate_id=&exact_match=yes[/URL]

BlackHawk Tac V1 Tactical Vest
This is a NEW BlackHawk Enhanced Tactical Load Bearing Vest. Vest holds a total of 8 30-rd M16 mags with 4 ammo pouches(each holds 2 20-rd M16 mags) and 2 grenade pouches. Has padded shoulder pads that are neck contour cut, internal zippered pouches, belt loops for pistol belt, and webbing on side and back. Has welded metal D-rings for butt pack. Has rescue drag handle.

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You could walk into Lighfighter butt-naked with an M4 and a 1911 and get everything you need to fight WW3.
View Quote

Damn, now that's a statement! I'm gonna have to go poke around on his website. I'm in the market for a drop leg holster for my B92
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
M4Guru,
Sorry, but I'll have to take exception to your comment on what all you can get at Lightfighter.com.  Since he just got his FFL, you could walk in butt naked (credit card hopefully clenched somewhere) and get everything you need, including the M4 and 1911!
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#10]
THE BEST????

SOE  (Special Operatoins Equipment)
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#11]

I'm not sure what's the BEST but Ive been very happy with the Blackhawk omega cross-draw, Ive used it on Swat operations and in training w/o a problem. I like having my model 30 mounted right in front in case the POO hits the fan. I find Botach has really good prices JMHO.

--Be Safe--

Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Why afraid of rednecks?? Bubba??
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#13]
No one is Affraid of Rednecks !!!

It's just that they Stink so bad no one wants to get near them !!!!

I guess the Showers in those Single Wides not be working too good, Bubba !!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Try www.highspeedgearinc.com.  This guy has some awesome stuff and it's all made in his garage.  I personally have one of the DENALI Vests and it's the best thing since sliced bread!!
View Quote

Hey, the rig looks real front heavy! Is it? I might look into getting one, BUT, I do not want to be hunched over like a granpa with a cane! Let me know! Thanks!

[peep]  [sniper]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
THE BEST????

SOE  (Special Operatoins Equipment)
View Quote

Have you guys seen what SOE has done to their web site here lately? I do not about you all, but, I liked their old site better! They even got rid of the cool pics of their gear in action! SOE WHAT HAPPEN????

[PEEP]       [SNIPER]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not even a damned jarhead (jk guys, the Army loves you) and I agree that SOE makes the best stuff I ever used.  It's worth the money over Craphawk stuff any day.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the SOE lightfighter vest which holds 12 AR mags plus more stuff. You can get it from [url]www.lightfigher.com[/url] or at [url]www.soegear.com[/url].

SOE is coming out with a new vest with PALS webbing. You can customize it anyway you want.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top