Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/3/2003 2:52:54 PM EDT
This is a sincere question: if the two bad guys were ex-military (one was U.S. Army Rangers), and they had extensive experience with AR's, why did they even consider using a Mini-14 as one of their guns in their bank heists? I own both, and I know if my life depended on it, I'd grab the AR. This is not a troll. I want peoples informed opinions.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:26:55 PM EDT
Since the Mini-14 they used was fitted with a Choate folding stock, my guess would be compactness for bailing in and out of vehilces on the jobs they did.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:08:05 PM EDT
The guns they had were taken in robbery / homicides .They robbed and killed several people at a couple popular shooting sites near the Everglades. They targeted the people specifically to get the guns to be used in the robberies.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:40:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: Since the Mini-14 they used was fitted with a Choate folding stock, my guess would be compactness for bailing in and out of vehilces on the jobs they did.
View Quote
I swear the one I saw was a regular Mini 14 with the old style wood hand guard. The one in the FBI movie was a full auto shorty folder. GG
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:42:48 PM EDT
A ruger mini 14 with factory hi caps will do the job just fine for robbing banks. It will fire every time if the ammo permits it. GG
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:48:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: Since the Mini-14 they used was fitted with a Choate folding stock, my guess would be compactness for bailing in and out of vehilces on the jobs they did.
View Quote
I swear the one I saw was a regular Mini 14 with the old style wood hand guard. The one in the FBI movie was a full auto shorty folder. GG
View Quote
On the TV documentary, you are correct. They show a picture of a Mini-14 with a full wood stock at the end of the show with a 30 round mag attached. I have the documentary on tape, and it wouldn't surprise me if they put a folding stock on it while they're robbing banks. Gee, would they do that to make it look more 'evil'? I wonder . . .
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:57:23 PM EDT
Back in the 1980's the Mini-14 was dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:49:03 PM EDT
The made for TV "In the Line of Duty" movie featured a full auto Ruger AC556. From an official account I read it was described as a full size stainless Mini-14 with a Choate folding stock and Federal Ordnance magazines.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2003 8:21:27 PM EDT by Jewbroni]
Originally Posted By Derek45: Back in the 1980's the Mini-14 was dirt cheap.
View Quote
That explains the A-Team. [img]http://home.planet.nl/~marte163/team007.jpg[/img]
Top Top