Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 7:52:25 PM EDT
Got a bushy upper and am trying to mount my ACOG and ARMS #19S and ARMS#40.
Absolutely cannot get the #40 to slide on. No way, won't budge past the rear wedge(?). The ARMS #19S will go on but it takes alot of force and I had to pry the damn thing back off with a screwdriver in order to get it off.
Now obviously it would seem that the picatinny rail is not milspec dimension wise but I thought I'd check it out here first to make sure I am not doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Gave up and put 'em on my Colt upper. Fit right on, no problem.

I just hope I didn't damage the clamp on my ARMS#19S.

Hell, just got the thing back after returning because they didn't perm affix the FS. Call tomorrow and return again.
Last week I got dicked around by SableCo. 2 bad experiences out of 2 with them.
About ready to give up on internet purchases for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My #40 took a few raps with my knuckle to get it to the slots in the upper on my BM. My #19-S went on just fine.

Before you purchase on the 'net, check out whomever you're going to be sending your money to. There are several companies that advertise here that have earned reputations for outstanding service. Before I buy, I ALWAYS go to the EE, and look 'em up in the feedback section.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to sound stupid, but you are installing the #40 from the rear of the flattop correct?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not to sound stupid, but you are installing the #40 from the rear of the flattop correct?
View Quote

No, I thought it jus went over the top. I tried beating it down with a hammer but it wouldn't budge. Maybe I didn't hit it hard enough![:D]

Just kidding. Yes, from the rear. The #19S did go on due the different nature of the clamp but it was difficult to get on and so I pulled it right back off--very difficult to get back off.

talked to Bushy this AM and it is going back for a new upper rec.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a few Bushys with #36 and #38 Arms swan sleeves and they went perfect...had a little trouble with one on an RRA upper.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the 19S ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What is the 19S ?
View Quote

It is an ACOG mount with a single lever.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top