Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 8:12:24 PM EDT
Has anyone tried the trijicon tri-power yet?  I was hoping I could find some pics looking through the scope but none yet.

Exactly how well can you see in the dark with this, and how does it differ from night-vision (if at all).  Is this a good alternative to an ACOG?  Any other useful information would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Vaporware...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
This pops up at least once a month.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a previous thread I could look at then?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
The Trijicon Tri-Power is shown on a Beretta CX4 on page 88-89 of the July issue of American Rifleman.  There's at least one floating around...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#5]
They're available for sale on a lot of pages...or do people not realize this.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#6]
They're available for sale on a lot of pages...or do people not realize this.
View Quote
From the Trijicon website:
Final development and testing of the TX30 is still being conducted but at a slower pace. Production will be further delayed.
View Quote
You go ahead and place an order if you want.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine is great!!!

I'm using it one a pre-ban RRA lower with an ARMs CRANE stock.

The upper is a new gaspiston M4 upper from Heckler & Koch with a KAC URX-2 mated to it (special order request, don't ask!).  When I'm not using the Tri-power, I slap on a KAC Universal Night Sight in conjunction with a PEQ-2.  The HK AG36 finishes up the package.

It's a super sweet set-up!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine is great!!!

I'm using it one a pre-ban RRA lower with an ARMs CRANE stock.

The upper is a new gaspiston M4 upper from Heckler & Koch with a KAC URX-2 mated to it (special order request, don't ask!).  When I'm not using the Tri-power, I slap on a KAC Universal Night Sight in conjunction with a PEQ-2.  The HK AG36 finishes up the package.

It's a super sweet set-up!!!
View Quote

[smash]  [ROFL2] [ROFL2] [ROFL2] [ROFL2]

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you have a previous thread I could look at then?
View Quote

Just copule of my humble opinions.
1. The body is made of polymer, don't know the strenth of the unit if dropped.
2. The len is still coated with that funky blue tint which made distant target identification difficult under twilight condition.
3. The top control section is so big, it seem to block a lot of vision.
4. selected chervon reticle is just too damn fine for CQB work, a Triangle or donut would have a much better choice.
5. I am still having wash out problem like the Reflex.
All opinion formed based on actual shooting experience with a Colt LE M4 with prototype Tri-Power mounted via ARMS mount.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The upper is a new gaspiston M4 upper from Heckler & Koch with a KAC URX-2 mated to it (special order request, don't ask!
View Quote

Oh yes, I saw that upper on Ebay, shipping from HongKong!  Great price...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The upper is a new gaspiston M4 upper from Heckler & Koch with a KAC URX-2 mated to it (special order request, don't ask!
View Quote

Oh yes, I saw that upper on Ebay, shipping from HongKong!  Great price...
View Quote

SHHH...  Don't tell anyone!  I want to be the only kid on the block with one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it here yet?  Is it here yet?  Is it here yet? [sleep][sleep][sleep]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm afraid I have you beat HKocher...I have one mounted on the dash of my F14 Tomcat. It works really well from Mach 1 to Mach 2. At higher speeds however, I find that the red chevron is difficult to pick up visually on the CQB type shots; it's difficult to distinguish against targets with red stars painted on them. And at longer ranges, the chevron is MUCH too big. It completely obscures a MIG29 at 9000 meters. I've found that it is possible to eliminate the washout problem by engaging from the inverted position, so I have no complaints there. Other than that, I like mine a lot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like yer system needs a bit of tweaking Quetico. I've got basically the same system mounted on the dash of my 1946 Hudson Hornet. It used to fade out on revenuers but the factory sent me a filter that fixed that ther problem. After that I hit 'ace' level pretty damn quick, yeah boy. Mikke
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top