Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/29/2003 6:44:49 AM EDT
I heard someone, (I won't mention who) on another discussion forum say that Colt AR15 rifles are NOT MIL-SPEC and that other brands such as Bushmaster are superior. Is this really true?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:54:55 AM EDT
Each brand has it's own supporters, with valid reasons for their choice. I have both Colt and Bushy carbines and, considering mine which are both excellent specimens and others I have handled, I prefer Colts, finding them to be superior in fit and finish. Colts have non milspec firecontrol parts which are easily obtainable. IMHO this is of limited to no significance in a civilian rifle. Colts, except their M4 type variant, do not have chrome lined barrels. Put a check in the "con" box for that one. Colts are somewhat more expensive but are easier to sell. I know you'll "never" sell your rifle. Never say never. Colts are historically significant as well. Will you go wrong purchasing a Colt or rifle from other reputable firearms manufactures? No.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:59:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/29/2003 6:59:42 AM EDT by 5subslr5]
Originally Posted By james_mccormic: I heard someone, (I won't mention who) on another discussion forum say that Colt AR15 rifles are NOT MIL-SPEC and that other brands such as Bushmaster are superior. Is this really true?
View Quote
[b]There is no AR-15 type weapon that is available to the civilian population that is Mil-Spec.[/b] [b][size=4]NONE[/b][/size=4] Colt is generally a little further from some Mil-Spec's than other brands.
Top Top