Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2003 11:50:11 PM EDT
tried like crazy to sell my AR to get a shorty m4gery. had a few bites but when they saw the oly lower, i lost them all. seems wilson don't have enough clout to pull away from the oly. lol. well, it was worth a try.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
There ain't nothing wrong with an Oly lower, and those who think they are inferior guns are ignorant and misinformed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree 100% my pre ban Oly is my best shooter  between it and my Bushmaster 20" A2. Its one of the guns sold as a matched upper and lower. There is absolutely no play between upper and lower.. The thing is solid.. Not one hiccup on any type of ammo Ive run thru it..And I havent had to send it back two times because it was purple.... John
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an Oly I purchased in 1989 and really didn't shoot it for years.  When I did start shooting it, first the charging handle broke, then the bolt broke.  Almost crapped my pants when the bolt fell out of the mag well when I checked the malfunction.

I give them credit, they did fix everything ASAP and I write off the problems from late 80's poor quality control.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately I was extremely disappointed in my Oly. The thing was so loose. It fired just fine but felt like it was going to fall apart. I would have liked to keep it because the price was just right but I think the extra money for my colt was well worth it. I'm not putting Oly's down, although I would have to take a long thought if I would buy another.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:50:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing like a Good Ole Bushy or Colt to bring in the Cash !!!!

Put in on the Equipment Exchange !!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]
yipper i got a OLY lower on my camo gun, but if i had to do over again, i wouldve spent the money on bushmaster lower, but the one i have goes bang.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the Oly lower and there is NO play between it and the upper. Some of the people were downright rude about it. as a metter of fact one of the dealers came right out and said..." I wouldnt touch an Oly or DPMS...best thing for DPMS is to sell the lower and use the upper as a golf club, you'll get more use out of it that way." i wonder what kind of attitude that is from a dealer. when i build my next one, i think i may get one of those u.s. property lowers or a bushmaster lower. i hate dealing with biased people.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Whatever, let the people have their bias.  I have a DPMS M4 that shoots just fine (rounds go down range, hit paper, make holes, nothing breaks...hey wait, that means it works, right???)  I just bought an Oly lower last night and was very impressed by the quality, especially considering the price ($140 out the door for a forged lower, which is about $100 cheaper than anything else around here).  

If people want to pay for name, then let them. For some folks having the Colt or Bushy name is really important for making them feel as though the weapon is superior, but if the product does what it is supposed to and is half the price of a name brand then it is OK for me!  
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#10]
There are plenty of loose colts and bushies too.  Friend of mine has a bushy that's ridiculously loose, I told him to send it back to the factory.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#11]
It was not the brand but the price that drove them away. If priced right all guns sell.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:43:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds too me like they were setting you up for a low ball offer by trash talking the Oly lower. Either that or they were just dicks, I have met alot of dick headed gun dealers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#13]
There ain't nothing wrong with an Oly lower, and those who think they are inferior guns are ignorant and misinformed.

END

Now thats a very IGNORANT statment. Those of us who have had inferior guns from oly know better.
PAT
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I have 4 AR15's and the most accurate one is a DPMS Panther Bull Sixteen. I don't know If I got lucky or what, but I brought it home put my Leupold 4.5-14 'scope on it and it shoots half-inch 5-shot groups at 100 yards (benched of course) all day long. This is with good handloads but the stock trigger, stock everything.  The Les Baer AR's are guaranteed to do this but cost $1500 and up, my DPMS cost me $599 brand new, and I know it will outshoot the average Bushmaster.

So when I see or hear someone slamming Olympic (or DPMS or whatever brand) as in "all those rifles are junk" statements, I know that they at full of BS and untrustworthy.

As allways the Colt's command the highest resale price, so keep that im mind if you are buying for investment purposes.  But that rampant horse (Colt logo) is not going to guide the bullets downrange, it is practice that makes perfect!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Reptilex72,

You have not posted your asking price, or what type of Oly it was.  Try telling us that so we can give better answers.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top