Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 4:18:47 PM EDT
Howdy
New to AR 15. That is, both the site and the rifle.

V Match 24 inch barrel.

Anyone familiar with R Guns?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Some have had good exchanges with them, some have not and
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=159476&w=searchPop[/url]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=158829&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
"coppy to police"
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
IBTL...IMO (and personal experience) they are loser mutha fockers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Big hoopla a few years ago over R Guns.

Ask/email some of the mods, staff...any of the ol' boys who might know the details.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased mags from them and found them lacking in customer service. I did get the mags. They do not have a good reputation on this board as far as I know.

TT
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah, the monthly RGUNS thread......

Greets & Welcome mildbill39!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I've don business with them a couple of times.  Just be really specific about what you want and ask clearly if they have it in stock.. If they don't don't backorder it.  It will take years to get your order if it is baaclordered 9apparenntly).  

Like I said, ordered from them twice with no problems.  they just aren't personable nor forthcoming with information.  Just remeber to be clear, concise, and ask specific questions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#9]
We should just make a Nailed Thread for this question.

RGUNS is bad news.  Do business with RGUNS and you will probably regret it as many ar-folks before you have regreted it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've don business with them a couple of times.  Just be really specific about what you want and ask clearly if they have it in stock.. If they don't don't backorder it.  It will take years to get your order if it is baaclordered 9apparenntly).  

Like I said, ordered from them twice with no problems.  they just aren't personable nor forthcoming with information.  Just remeber to be clear, concise, and ask specific questions.
View Quote

Why bother ???? Might as well take your ar, aim it at your foot, close your eyes, and see if you hit your toe.  Why take the chance.  Well, if you like gambling, then RGUNS could be cheaper than a trip to Vegas I suppose. [spank]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:01:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for responding.

Kinda had a suspicion.

This is a great site. Can't stay away. Much good info.

Got my first gun in 1953.  Reloading for 28 years. This AR thing is about as much fun as anything.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Check the tread in magazines I innocently started. Then do a search.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#13]
R Guns has a bad rap here, probably well-deserved, however I have purcased items from them on several occasions with no problems whatsoever.

What I did do was to be certain (or as certain as you can be talking with some jimoke on the phone) that the item I wanted was in stock and available for immediate shipment; which isn't a bad idea regardless of who you're dealing with.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM R GUNS EVER AGAIN.I DON'T SEE HOW THEY STAY IN BUSINESS ,ON HOW THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS ALONE!!!!!!!! WD
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Hve never ordered from them,never will,but for some reason I always read the Rguns threads.

[ROFL]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#16]
They probably stay in business because of that calendar they sell.  :)

IBTL!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hve never ordered from them,never will,but for some reason I always read the Rguns threads.

[ROFL]
View Quote

Me too[:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I have never been screwed by them. All deal went great. I think the bad rap is from one person and every one went on a witch hunt.
GG
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
I have never been screwed by them. All deal went great. I think the bad rap is from one person and every one went on a witch hunt.
GG
View Quote

Bad rap is not just from one person. They have pissed off plenty. Including me.

Probably pretty hard to screw up a NIB rifle FWIW, but if anyone could do it, it would be good ol' Kiss My Ass.

He IS the best comedian on the gunboards, though. Also, hide your mommies, he has a thing for them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#20]
GG
View Quote

Witch hunt hell !!!!

I seen first-hand the responses that RGUNS has posted here on AR15.COM.  He is one rude bastard.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#21]
GG
View Quote

My time wasted with them was over a order  for there M1 carbine mags. I ordered a small batch of about $60 .I wasn't told they was out when I ordered.My CC was hit ammediately. 2 months went by and a buddy who teamed up with me on the purchased asked about the mags. I had forgoten about them. I called and they said out of stock,will be in stock about 2 weeks.Cool.Well fastforward 4 months later.Thats 6months total.Remember my CC had been hit the day I ordered.I called and asked what seemed to be the problem?I wasn't rude but wasn't being a push over either. I said if you can't send my ordered mags this week refund my money.The guy cussed at me and thats the end of my story. Im not an ahole who think people should jump through hoops for me. Im very understanding ...But don't charge me for something you don't know if youll ever get.Ask me what I think about R-Guns....I got my money back, WarDawg
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The guy cussed at me and thats the end of my story.  WarDawg
View Quote

Oh no, we want direct quotes and pictures if ya got 'em.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#23]
WarDawg The exact same thing happened to me RGuns is a bunch of dishonest bastards.

[sniper2]             [headbang]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
GG
View Quote

Witch hunt hell !!!!

I seen first-hand the responses that RGUNS has posted here on AR15.COM.  He is one rude bastard.  
View Quote

Yes, witch hunt. Some people dont need to know didly but when a AR15er say something,they stick together like a certain type of people at rioting in LA.

Look at the guy who first said PFC jessica lynch was no hero and was media hype, He received the wich hunt. And  Ha Ha he was right.
GG
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#25]
they are honest and truthful, and their spelling is great!

too bad they are stinky swollen a**cankers!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
GG
View Quote

Witch hunt hell !!!!

View Quote

Yes, witch hunt. Some people dont need to know didly but when a AR15er say something,they stick together like a certain type of people at rioting in LA.

Look at the guy who first said PFC jessica lynch was no hero and was media hype, He received the wich hunt. And  Ha Ha he was right.
GG
View Quote

There is a certain amount of truth to that.  I have been to their shop.  It is a little place in a small strip of stores.  The place was clean and well organized.  The two guys working we not friendly;  more like indifferent to my presence. I did notice that their stripped Colt receivers looked like they had been refinished to the point where the Colt logo was unrecognizable.  I know I would be pissed if I ordered one and received what they were selling.  Other than that is seemed to be an average operation.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered some mags from them about a year ago.  Never got the mags, but they never charged my credit card either.  I figure they'll get around to processing the order after the AWB sunsets and mags become cheap and plentyful again.  

OK.  I know it's not really going to go away, but it's nice to pretend now and then.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered some AR mags from them and rec'd them with no problems.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#29]
There are better ways to get.....[SEX]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Trust me, It aint a witch hunt, its most of our dealings have been not so good. So I must join on the side of saying  NO TO RGUNS
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Another rare moment where Panz actually gets...

In
 Before
   The
     Lock

(only with my luck, it probably won't be locked this time..sigh)

Panz
[bounce]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I did notice that their stripped Colt receivers looked like they had been refinished to the point where the Colt logo was unrecognizable.  I know I would be pissed if I ordered one and received what they were selling.  
View Quote

Hummm..

I ordered three stripped Colt Lowers from R-Guns about 6 months ago. They all came sealed in a plastic bag with Colt logo, stock number, and bar code. All brand new and perfect without so much as the slightest scratch or ding.

I own 20+ Colt's and the lowers I received from R-Guns look just as good if not better than any of them.

Have you actually ever seen a Colt lower before? While i'm not a "QCMGR", i'll be damned if I can see a problem with them.

[img]www.armscenter.com/xm777/DSCN0147.jpg[/img]

[img]www.armscenter.com/xm777/DSCN0149.jpg[/img]

[added] Drats, it looks like I did get a reject. I just noticed that one of the lowers is marked "Safe Semi" rather than "Safe Fire" like it is supposed to be.

{Sigh}, I guess Colt needs a new "QCMGR".

[img]www.armscenter.com/xm777/DSCN0150.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I havent read the whole thread, but so long as it stays civil and sticks to the point, no one is locking this. Though I must admit, I have seen few R-Gun posts that have remained civil and stuck to the point...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Though I must admit, I have seen few R-Gun posts that have remained civil and stuck to the point...
View Quote

Oh, come on now. Surely you jest![:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Just because somebody sells a decent lower doesn't prove anything.  Does this mean RGUNS gave it a spit shine for you after it came from Colt?  The mags I bought from them looked like served a usefull life in 'Nam but where advertised "as new."  Uh-huh.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hummm..

I ordered three stripped Colt Lowers from R-Guns about 6 months ago. They all came sealed in a plastic bag with Colt logo, stock number, and bar code. All brand new and perfect without so much as the slightest scratch or ding.
View Quote

Outstanding!  Sounds like you got lucky!

I own 20+ Colt's and the lowers I received from R-Guns look just as good if not better than any of them.
View Quote

Well good for you!  Lets give them a hand![bow]

Have you actually ever seen a Colt lower before? While i'm not a "QCMGR", i'll be damned if I can see a problem with them.
View Quote

Damn Potsy, you are clever.  I bet you are a hit at the car wash.

[added] Drats, it looks like I did get a reject. I just noticed that one of the lowers is marked "Safe Semi" rather than "Safe Fire" like it is supposed to be.
View Quote

How is that a defect Potsy?

{Sigh}, I guess Colt needs a new "QCMGR".
View Quote

No, what I saw was the type of dubious quality that R-Guns in known for.  Like selling refinished magazines as new.  No, Potsy, it is definitely R-Guns work.

Now what's with the attitude.  I reported what I saw.  If you have had good luck I can accept that.  The lowers I saw did not look as nice as yours.  Maybe it was an aberration.  Or maybe you are a shill for R-Guns.  If you were a "QCMGR" you would notice the porosity of the R-Guns refinish.  Every Colt I have has a smooth finish.  Or better put, a factory finish.  The parts I saw looked worse.  Like I said, the Pony was completely eroded.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#37]
c'mon guys, lets keep this about our experiences with R-guns and not let this get out of hand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
c'mon guys, lets keep this about our experiences with R-guns and not let this get out of hand.
View Quote

Gonna have to agree with you new-arguy.

Last time I checked this was a discussion board and every member had the right to express/post his own experiences and opinions.

Make you wonder why some individuals are so hostile and resort to name calling and accusations when an opposing opinion is expressed.

If you do not want any responses to your posts, why bother posting them?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Gonna have to agree with you new-arguy.

Last time I checked this was a discussion board and every member had the right to express/post his own experiences and opinions.

Make you wonder why some individuals are so hostile and resort to name calling and accusations when an opposing opinion is expressed.

If you do not want any responses to your posts, why bother posting them?
View Quote

I agree.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top