Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2003 3:14:37 PM EDT
What would be a reasonable price for a Pre-Ban Colt or Bushmaster M4 in very good to excellent condition.

Thank-you all for your input.

Sincerely,

Steve
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
How long is a piece of string Grasshopper?... Look at what people are asking, what they are selling for and how bad you want one to determine a good price. It boils down to what your willing to part with. Make an offer, in todays economy (not that I even think it's that bad) some people are very flexible.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What would be a reasonable price for a Pre-Ban Colt or Bushmaster M4 in very good to excellent condition.

Thank-you all for your input.

Sincerely,

Steve
View Quote

Depends. a Colt SP1 usually goes for less than say, a Colt Match HBAR. I can get an SP1 at a guns show for $1000-$1200 no problem, a Match HBAR for < $1500.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
"Reasonable price" and "pre-ban" are mutualy exclusive terms that rarely meet in nature to produce what we like to call a "deal".

Colt's

$1200 - $2400 depending on what model

Bushmaster

$1500 - $2000 not really sure why even though I love Bushmaster rifles.

Just what I have seen thus far.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
there is no such of a thing as a reasonable priced pre-ban......for the amount of money they want for a bayo lug and FH, you'd be better off buying a post ban NIB RRA, BUSHMASTER, etc......and use the money you would have thrown away, to buy lots of ammo and mags.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
As with everything there are deals to be found.  One member told of buying a LNIB Colt Pre-ban heavy barrel for $400 from a guy who would go to jail if he didn't pay his child support right away.

[s]I[/s] My dad bought a 90-95% Bushmaster Pre-ban 16" heavy barrel, with a Trijicon ACOG, Aimpoint, case of mil-spec ammo, and (3) 30 rd Thermolds from a neighbor for $1700.

Some people have the $/need for preban, some don't.  A big factor in the preban for me anyway is the ability to mount a sound suppresor.

-DEERSNIPER
[SNIPER]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
IMHO, I think, the closer we get to the sunset of the AWB, the lower the prices we will see.  When it sunsets, folks will buy new rifles will all the features, and pass on any old rifles from pre AWB-94.  So, i've notices that folks are selling their pre-ban lowers cheaper now.  Check out the EE board.  You will see a small drop in prices, at least on the parts.

It's like when the music stops, if you were going to sell it for a profit and you don't, you probably won't except for folks that want it as a collectors items.

Again, just a opinion.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top