Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2003 5:17:03 PM EDT
why aren't the Libs and anti-gunners lobbying hard for their passage tommorrow?

The minute either one of the bans is signed by the Prez IT BECOMES LAW IMMEDIATELY!

CRC
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Because they want to hold off until next year this time.

They're going to back-burner it until they can use it for an election year issue.  If they make too much noise now, they lose the impact they want next year when the election season is getting into high gear.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Whatever bills are introduced they have to pass the house before going to the senate and I personally think they will never make it ,the house is more pro gun than the senate,and the president cant sign what dosent come past his desk,wich puts him in a win,win situation because he can put across the image of being more of a moderate,But none of this nonsense is going to go away until the supreme court takes up the issue of the second ammendment,the last time I think was in 1939.So maybe the house can stall the bills in committee until the 1994 law expires wich it will automatically unless another bill is signed into law wich brings me to my first point,It will never clear the house to begin with and whoever pushes for one will be out of a job the next time they come up for relection,the democrats should learn by the past and realize why they lost the house,senate and presidency to begin with,after 9/11 there are more and more people on the pro gun side than against it,lets hope it dosent take things happening here like they do in israel for people to realize the only ones who can protect americans are armed americans.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
... wich brings me to my first point,It will never clear the house to begin with ...
View Quote

This is exactly the attitude that is the problem and will be our downfall and the cause of the AWB not sunsetting. Too many are so cock sure it is just going to sunset and vanish and that IS NOT THE CASE. It is going to take SERIOUS work with tons of mail arriving through the post office, hand written, letting the membership know this is not needed or wanted.

It is going to take EVERYONE being certain it is not going to sunset and working accordingly to get the momentum we need to insure the sunset. I HOPE it sunsets. I BELIEVE it can sunset. I KNOW it won't sunset if half of our side has made their mind up it is going to and doesn't work to insure it does.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top