Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2003 9:19:11 AM EDT
Hey, everyone,

I'm new here and just ordered a Colt M4 and the scope listed above.

Does anyone have experience with the two matched or just the scope? Are there any good reviews of this rifle/scope/and/or combination thereof?

Can't seem to find a good review on the M4.

It seems from my conversation from the dealer and my research, the civillian M4 has a removable handle that exposes a Picatinny-style flat mount for the scope. Is that true. I read that users actually prefer to mount their scopes on the flat top. What does everybody think about that.

I'm pretty excited about this combination--it seemed very badass to me.

I had a pre-ban, triangular-shaped handguard AR-15 my dad gave me, but unfortunately, and unwisely, sold it for $1,000 a few years back.

I do miss that puppy.

Thanks in advance,

David Matthews

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:33:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2003 11:56:23 AM EDT by notack]
Welcome! The M4, or as we generally say "M4gery", are VERY popular here, although they are basically a regular AR/CAR with the M203 profile barrel. The majority of M4geries have the A3/A4 flat-top upper receiver, but they do/can be found with the A2 upper, and some of us even have the early C8 style with the A1/C7 upper receiver. The M4gery is also the popular platform to trick out with a bunch of high speed, low drag, accessories.[:D] As for the Lupy, I'll let you read some of the reviews yourself;[url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=147606]LEUPOLD MARK CQ/T????[/url] ed; Here's a picture thread, so you know what you got yourself into.[;)] [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=161556]Please Post some Pictures here of some Maxed Out M4's?[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:30:57 PM EDT
Colt M4 is very nice - the Leopold CQ/T is lacking IMHO. Maybe as a $400 scope.. but even at the reduced price of $600 I think its overpriced.
Top Top