Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/24/2003 5:21:28 PM EDT
I recently bought an ace skeleton stock to replace my m4 pinned stock, when i was installing the stock i noticed the buffer tube was different than my m4s the new one is longer inside the tube, any way i put it together and i noticed alot of play inside, also the charging handle was not as stiff as before, went to the range it would not properly load a single round? is there a spacer i can buy or different spring, buffer tube, please help!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/24/2003 5:45:16 PM EDT by DarkStar]
If I'm understanding what you've posted, you tried to install an ARFX. Was your AR setup with the A1/A2 extension, buffer, and spring or the carbine extension? If it was a CAR setup, you'll need to replace the receiver extension/buffer tube, buffer and action spring to an A1. The CAR/shorty extension, buffer and buffer spring won't work... Should look something like this: [img]www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/Images/skeleton-stock-k.jpg[/img] edited 'cause I still can't speel...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:52:11 PM EDT
hey thanks for responding, im new to this stuff but my rifle is a postban colt m4 with a pinned stock i noticed when i looked in the m4 stock it was shorter inside the tube and the new one is longer so the spring is not as tight.
Top Top