Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 5:17:05 AM EDT
www.bragg.army.mil/AFVC-A/New%20Photo%20Gallery.htm

Some photos are very large. However, saw a couple of photos with guys using 20rd mags and one guy with an enfield

'Don't ask- Don't tell' getting out of hand but they do make a nice couple.  :)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
AIRBORNE!! Would like to see some of the 2/325PIR.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
On the first pic, what's safety pinned to their left sleeves? Reflective tabs?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the SOF units have it velcro'd to their mod-BDU's.  Its IR reflective so it shows up when viewed via NVG's.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look at the 2nd pic on the sleeve of the Afgan. see how it lights up from the flash. It looks that way with NVG's (like wyrm_142 said)

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the 2nd photo guy is Italian.

I'd like to see more 3/505th PIR photos because everyone knows that it is the best airborne infantry battalion! The fact that I served in the 3/505th had no bearing on that last statement. :)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Second Guy Looks Drunk to me ??

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Second Guy Looks Drunk to me ??

View Quote

A little JD goes a long way to winning hearts and minds. [beer]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
dosnt it suck for the amercian in the second pic to be ranger and SF tabbed have senior or master jump wings ( cant tell from pic) be pathfinder qualified and only have an EIB?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I think you're coming from the right place, but EIB's are earned, CIB's can mean you were assigned to the right unit at the right time.  And depending on the individual, some might consider others lucky to never have "seen the elephant".  Many a casket are filled by those that would be willing to give their CIB back.  Be careful what you wish for.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
before i start a flame war on myself i might just clarify what i mean ! an eib is a big achivment for a combat soldier to earn. i am not  knocking that by any means. i just tthougth it odd that with all of his training and i am guessing he is a capt and above, and being SF at one time he would have been an A-team commander of some sort and with all the conflict going on lately..just seems like a waste of what appears to be a highly motivated and trained soldier...Jason
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Hooah...I got you.

S2
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]
cool pics, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
dosnt it suck for the amercian in the second pic to be ranger and SF tabbed have senior or master jump wings ( cant tell from pic) be pathfinder qualified and only have an EIB?
View Quote

Well don't worry he'll have it when he gets home.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think the 2nd photo guy is Italian.

I'd like to see more 3/505th PIR photos because everyone knows that it is the best airborne infantry battalion! The fact that I served in the 3/505th had no bearing on that last statement. :)
View Quote

Wasn't the 505PIR the Panthers? Everyone used to talk about how in the old school days that the other brigades would paint the panther out side of the HQ pink? Just ribbin ya.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Enfield isn't surprising.  Until the Soviet invasion it was probably the weapon of choice for the hill tribes.

Looks like Italian Mountain troops hat.  Also the Italians wore uniform stars in WWII and some were liberated early in the Italian campaign for use on US uniforms.  The imitation Generals didn't last long but apparently it was not uncommon a trick to pull on newbies for entertainment or to redistribute supples.

Some of the old tales include servicable Enfield clones being made with files and bow hand drills.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wasn't the 505PIR the Panthers? Everyone used to talk about how in the old school days that the other brigades would paint the panther out side of the HQ pink? Just ribbin ya.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
View Quote

We actually painted it pink ourselves to express our diversity [:)]

I don’t recall anyone painting it, but there were plenty of other similar operations going on. I do remember someone stealing the keys to Area J because my Sgt sent me looking for the spare keys.  Never found them, but I did find a can of flash suppressor. It was behind a box of grid squares.
There was a lot of stealing- I mean acquiring of equipment from other units. Some one stole my jeep trailer tarp. When my Sgt found out, he gave me until after lunch to ‘acquire’ one. Excellent training having to sneaking past 18 yr. old paratroopers armed with baseball bats!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Why does the airborne guy on the right have a USMC issue Ka-Bar on his war belt? I never carried any army junk on my belt! FLAME ON!!!
Just kidding to my airborne brothers. Us Jarheads take a hell of a beating - we're bound to dish it out sometimes!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glockdog

Airborne!!
View Quote

We actually painted it pink ourselves to express our diversity [:)]

I don’t recall anyone painting it, but there were plenty of other similar operations going on. I do remember someone stealing the keys to Area J because my Sgt sent me looking for the spare keys.  Never found them, but I did find a can of flash suppressor. It was behind a box of grid squares.
There was a lot of stealing- I mean acquiring of equipment from other units. Some one stole my jeep trailer tarp. When my Sgt found out, he gave me until after lunch to ‘acquire’ one. Excellent training having to sneaking past 18 yr. old paratroopers armed with baseball bats!
View Quote

Well if your SGT. was worth a damn he would have told you to get in the front leaning rest for not making sure you had your canopy lights on when you jump. I'll bet you where one of those guys who never had sense enough to make sure and have a good supply of chem light batteries on hand either, Commo's gottem just go ask. Now if you where like me, the worst gig you ever got was a inside-out pillow case violation during a CSM inspection.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why does the airborne guy on the right have a USMC issue Ka-Bar on his war belt? I never carried any army junk on my belt! FLAME ON!!!
Just kidding to my airborne brothers. Us Jarheads take a hell of a beating - we're bound to dish it out sometimes!
View Quote

Your belt and everything else you had was ARMY junk. How do you guys think you get your gear? FLAME ON!

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well if your SGT. .........worst gig you ever got was a inside-out pillow case violation during a CSM inspection.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
View Quote

Speaking of gigs, here's a true war story & to make it official: This is no sh*t!.......

My Sgt was doing a pre-inspection before a GI inspection & he gigged me for not shining the soles of my boots that were under my bunk bed. After the inspection, I started polishing the sole of a boot.  I was a Cherry & figured the Sgt was messing with me and I only polished one boot (I had 4 pair).  The day of the inspection, the GI inspecting officer walks up to my bunk reaches down & picks up the only boot out of 8 that I polished & looks at the sole.  The officer looks at me & says ‘good job trooper!’ I almost busted out laughing.

I also was doing push-ups for a gig one time & asked for permission to recover. The Sgt asked if I learned my lesson. I said, ‘Yes, I’ll never join the Army again.’  I guess that it was the incorrect answer because I had to do more push-ups. Go figure!

[b]DOW[/b],

The 82nd has had a Ka-bar Rescue Program for years. We give them to Troopers who promised only to use the knives for their intended purpose: killing commie fascist pinko pigs and playing mumly-peg.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top