Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2003 6:20:15 AM EDT
I'm looking to buy/build a RRA varmint rifle for my brother.  On www.adcofirearms.com you can buy a complete rifle for 843.33, but you can buy the varmint upper (complete with bolt,carrier,and charging handle) for 472 and a complete lower WITH the NM trigger group for 290.  That only adds up to 760.  Why is it almost 100 more to get the complete gun?  Am I missing something?  All I would have to do is order the upper and lower separately, slap them together, and I'd save 100 bucks?!?  Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Assembly costs?  He probably would assemble a complete rifle for you our of pieces at one time instead of taking stuff out of stock and just pushing the pins in or he gets the complete rifles straight from RRA.  Email Steve at Adco and find out.  He's really easy to get a hold of and is great to work with.

The other thing...that's the advantage of assembling it yourself!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]

There is an excise tax that would also need to be paid. Since the upper is just 'parts' and the lower is a firearm but unassembled, you dont pay the tax.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I keep forgeting about Uncle Sugar getting his "cut"...I mean taxes....
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Got it, thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Also, don't forget that when you purchase a complete firearm, you get the full factory warranty that goes with it. By buying individual components, you're pretty much on your own.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also, don't forget that when you purchase a complete firearm, you get the full factory warranty that goes with it. By buying individual components, you're pretty much on your own.
View Quote

Good point but if you buy a new rifle and the Firing Pin Retaining Pin happens to be broken, are you going to ship the part back or just order another pin online for 75 cents? (just an example, replace with any part on the rifle etc)

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, that 11% FET is the reason I buy separate uppers and lowers.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top