Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/22/2003 6:45:03 PM EDT
I just visited the busy site and saw that they have pick up ProOrd. I never heard very good things said about the carbon guns. Why would they bother?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:58:17 PM EDT
This is just a WAG but maybe they are expanding their market offering through aquisition? Companies have been doing this for a few decades now. A company needs a certain technology to penetrate a new market? Why rebuild the mouse trap and possibly infringe on patents? Just buy the competitor, especially if they are in a currently weak position, bring the product up to your standards or needs, and put it out there. It seems that Prof-ordinance had worked out the bugs, just a little too late. I have always liked the idea of the product, now maybe Bushmaster can make it fly without the baggage of the Prof. Ordinance name. I could see one in my safe some day. Bob
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:16:32 PM EDT
I owned one and just sold it a couple of months ago. The 97type pistol that I had was mfg. in 2002 and worked fine with Thermolds and 20rd USGI mags, but I couldn't get use to all of the non-standard parts. If Bushmaster converts the lower to accepts all uppers and converts the rifles and pistols to use a standard milspec bolt and carrier than I would buy another one. If the band drops then they could really build a nice pistol with a forward handguard using standard components.
Top Top