Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 5:12:03 AM EDT
First time poster, long time reader.  I recently started my Black Rifle collection and as a result I have a Bushmaster AR-15A3 and a Eagle Arms lower with a Bshmaster M4 upper.  Both are very nice.  My questions are (1) will the RRA NM trigger group fit in these lowers, and (2) do I need any special tools to install a free floating handguard system?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
t.c.

welcome to ARFCOM!

1. i don't see why a NM trigger WOULDN'T fit.

2. probably need more specifics on free float you are thinking of.

coltcarbine
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Welcome aboard, t.c.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Either the Knight's RAS II or ARMS SIR's will free float your barrel without the removal if the existing barrel nut, just the handguards.  Other free float forends use their own proprietary barrel nut.  In most cases the removal of the front sight and sometime a gas block is necessary for installation.  Tools required will be:

Sturdy Vise
Action Blocks
Barrel Wrench (most have provisions for barrel nut and float tube installation)
Torque Wrench
Head Space Gauges (Go and No Go)
Center Punch and Hammer(to remove sight tower retaining pins)
Allen Wrench (if you have a gasblock)

Installation is not hard, but you definitely need [red]ALL[/red] the right tools.  Makeshift setups do not work!

RRA NM 2-stages triggers will work fine in either the Bushmaster or Eagle lower.  RRA's design is based off of Armalite's 2-stage Trigger.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Might as well buy the good tools, you don't really believe this is your last build, do ya?
YER HOOKED FOR LIFE!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:17:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I should have been a little more specific on the free floating handguards...I was thinking of either the Hogue free floater forend or the Bushmaster Varmiter tubular vented forend for my A3.  Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top