BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I like a Holosight(EOTech).  but I frquently use my front iron only.

How far out you can shoot (and hit a man size target) using only the front iron (tower, not the post)sight??

At what distance do need your rear sight?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mid-length CAR HBAR, Glock 17:
[url]http://personal.riverusers.com/~brogers/m15a2_glock17_01.jpg[/url]

Simple enough?
View Quote

SteveinAz, where did you get those H/G's? Are they the M4 type? Like to get one if possible.

Exnavarm
View Quote

Cavalry Arms C6, mid-length non-tapered.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
When i first got my bushmaster 16" i bought all sorts of crap to hang off of it, after shooting with all that crap on the rifle i took most of it off. the only thing i have on it now is a surefire flashlight and a verticle foregrip. it seems to shoot better without all the extra crap on it. i do have a 4x scope mounted on a carry handle mount so if i need the scope i just put it on. i have come to like the K.I.S.S. idea.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
SP-1's all the way....
They are the closest to what I used to shoot at Camp McCoy WI, longer ago than I care to remember, and it's like hooking back up with the girl you took to your senior prom.
Carrying the analogy further...tricking out an AR is similar to plastic surgery..aftermarket boobs, butt job, etc makes things look nice from a distance, but they dont necessarily improve the function, and when you reach out and touch someone, what really matters? Hard unnatural projections, or sleek smooth lines?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SP-1's all the way.... sleek smooth lines
View Quote

You're reading my mind bro!

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p92f3644640d972cc1a225871b19de204/fbed9a71.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
i own 1 ar, its a RRA  m4gery and after a 4000 rds i am bringing my shots in pretty good at 100 yds i am looking at buying a 20 upper and am thinking an spr upper would be nice.i like the KISS  method, the more stuff i put on the rifle more problems it will have no matter how useful each of the items really are.

its like goverment, you can keep on adding all the things that will help in any possible situation whether it will happen or not......or go lean and learn to use what you have.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the KISS, style.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mid-length CAR HBAR, Glock 17:
[url]http://personal.riverusers.com/~brogers/m15a2_glock17_01.jpg[/url]

Simple enough?
View Quote

SteveinAz, where did you get those H/G's? Are they the M4 type? Like to get one if possible.

Exnavarm
View Quote

Cavalry Arms C6, mid-length non-tapered.
View Quote

SteveinAZ, Thanks much,
Exnavarm
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A real M4 would have a 6-pos stock.  
View Quote

The M4's I handled in my last deployment a couple of months ago had a 4 position stock.  they weren't those ribbed ones either.

My M4 was decked out with a RAS whith the Pistol grip, a KAC 600 BUIS and an ACOG.  I  sold all the accesories and just put the M4 hand guards back on and put the detachable carry handle back on.  For some reason I just felt like going back to basic.  I have the cash from the accesories, around in case I decide to put stuff back on it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
The ideal AR for me would have a 20" 1/9 twist pencil barrel, A1 rear sight w/ A2 peep, A2 front post, A2 birdcage, C2 upper(A1 w/ brass deflector hump..), and A2 furniture. This is  what I call an " Israeli export" AR-15.  I like the light weight of my old SP-1, but I appreciate certain A2 upgrades a lot.  A cast-in brass deflector is mandatory for me, as the little clip-on deflector I use on my SP-1 has a tendency to let the hot brass fall straight into the crook of my arm or under my elbow when shooting off the bench.  YOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

I have the M-4 bug, but I am too broke to indulge in them for now.....
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
M16A2 clone in a semi-auto Bushie is my choice.

Shooting from a rest is a test of the rifle; shooting offhand is a test of the rifleman.

The A2 handle was designed to add stiffness to the receiver, and I see no need for a flat-top.

The only mod to my rifle is a "glow in the dark" tritium sight post.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The only mod to my rifle is a "glow in the dark" tritium sight post.
View Quote

Agreed.  I love the XS Sight Big Tritium Dot.  

[img]http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL33/1216349/2303971/27929007.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Just a simple 20" A2 Bushie.  Tritium front sight post, and a cotton canvas M-14 sling with  the clattering, noisy clip removed.  My Bushie has a stainless barrel, but it is painted with flat black exhaust manifold paint.  Four SAW pouches for magazines, and that's it.
I have an ARMS sight mount for it, but it is not on the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/048438.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/049397.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a simple 20" A2...
Like it fine just the way it is...

Posted by jzdziarski
My theory about rifle complexity is pretty simple...if the hardware will help save my life some day (in one capacity or another) I'll put it on the rifle.
View Quote

This being true...
I might add some Bi-pods to it.

And maybe a scope like my Brother-in-law did. It was a $59 Walmart scope with illuminating crosshair.

I checked it out & I'm like 'damn', this is enough for 200 yards...
It mounts on the handle - put it on - pull it off...

I'll get the $300-400 kind when I build my carbine...  Hey, got to have a CQB rifle, ya know what I mean???

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]

I like them both ways too. But, when it comes time to shoot at the range. I usually grab the plain old 20" Bushmaster. Maybe because it was my first.

Eric
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Simple is good.  Scope helps, but my next one (which I've built the lower, now looking for an upper) will be bare bones.
[img]http://www.fototime.com/0850583B96F650C/standard.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I like to have weapon mounted lights and optics on my working guns. I also like plain guns for historical reasons. The barest any working AR15 should be is with a good weapon mounted light and at the very least trijicon nightsights.
PAT
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top