Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/18/2003 8:10:24 AM EDT
http://www.paynoincometax.com/

Apparently the government banned his book. This is starting to sound way too much like Nazi Germany.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:33:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2003 8:41:16 AM EDT by mr_wilson]
Don't know where you've been for the last 10-20 years, but there are a plethra of "black-listed" books in this country, IIRC this began way back when Randolf Hearst owned or controlled the vast majority of presses in this country, things in this regard, have not changed much. Why do you think John Ross had his book "Unintended Consequences" published privately? Mike
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:35:16 AM EDT
I guess asleep, like most americans are today.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:59:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2003 2:09:21 PM EDT by PaDanby]
So if it's so banned where'd you find out about it?? How about you stop paying income tax based on it and in four years let us know how things turn out. They might have internet access in Leavenworth by then. I would think the easy way to stay off the radar if for some reason you are so inclined would be to legally pay the minimum and fade into the forest with the rest of the trees. Suddenly not paying will ring bells, not unlike what happened a few years back to those two million kids that were being claimed and then went away when parents had to supply SSNs for them. They're still working through that list. There's no statute of limitations on tax fraud as people with dissappeared kids are still finding out. 3 years on normal returns. Why ring bells when you can fade into the noise?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:24:20 PM EDT
Yeah, it's nothing new. I still have a copy of Chrmn Mao's Red Book that I brought back in my travels in the '70's which even says "Contraband in United Sates of America" inside the front cover. I hope I never get sent to the Gulag for having it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:19:57 PM EDT
It was banned because it was made in Red China, everything made in Red China was illegal to import then. If it had been printed just about anywhere else it would have been legal. Well maybe not Taiwan, anybody ever make a port call in Kaoshiung and pick up any cheap copies of copyrighted books? Remember them? It's like the $28 Rolex you can buy in Korea now. It's banned because of copyright and trademark issues not because it has a $2.00 mechanism in it. (I never got one of those, I figure I'ld get snuffed by a gangsta to steal my watch, Wouldn't that be a bitch get snuffed over a $28 copy instead of the real thing?)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:26:10 PM EDT
I've got a few Paladin Press books that are no longer in print...[;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:12:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4Madness: I've got a few Paladin Press books that are no longer in print...[;)]
View Quote
Pre-Ban Books !!!!! [shock] Are Post-Ban book limited to just 10 pages ? [puke]
Top Top