Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/17/2003 4:34:10 AM EDT
Is there a reference on the board or somewhere on the net that gives the meanings of all the acronyms applicable to the AR? Thanks for any links.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:04:17 AM EDT
nope, which ones did you want to know? BUIS=back up iron sights SPR= special purpose rifle FA= full-auto or forward assist-depending on context FH/FS=flash hider/flash suppressor FFH/FFS= fake FH/FS CCH=cut carry handle BM=Bushmaster MB=muzzle brake( not muzzle break!) M4gery= civilian AR with M4 profile barrel SHTF=s*** hits the fan TEOTWAWKI= the end of the world as we know it can= sound suppressor co-witness= being able to use the BUIS through a mounted optic -[blue] someone else want to continue?[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:58:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 1:03:07 PM EDT by Halfcocked]
IBTL=In Before The Lock ROTFLMFAO=Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Fat Ass Off SNAFU=Situation Normal All Fucked Up FUBAR=Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition BOHICA=Bend Over Here It Comes Again FF=Failure to Feed FE=Failure to Eject/Extract
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:30:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By notack: nope, which ones did you want to know? BUIS=back up iron sights SPR= special purpose rifle FA= full-auto or forward assist-depending on context FH/FS=flash hider/flash suppressor FFH/FFS= fake FH/FS CCH=cut carry handle BM=Bushmaster MB=muzzle brake( not muzzle break!) M4gery= civilian AR with M4 profile barrel SHTF=s*** hits the fan TEOTWAWKI= the end of the world as we know it can= sound suppressor co-witness= being able to use the BUIS through a mounted optic -[blue] someone else want to continue?[/blue]
View Quote
SHTF = S*** hits the FANTASY.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:20:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Halfcocked: ROTFLMFAO=Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Fat
View Quote
I think that's the last one that I couldn't figure out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:33:22 PM EDT
WOFTAM = waste of f***ing time and money One of my favorites. Geoff
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:04:03 PM EDT
SP1= Sure@Pleasing 1
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:38:26 PM EDT
GFY [;)] - Good For You? or Go F*** Yourself?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:31:49 AM EDT
Might be directly AR related, but seen around the forum... PRK = People's Republic of Kalifornia PHAT = Pretty Hot And Tempting IMHO = In My Humble Opinion STFU = Shut The F*** Up
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:07:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2003 4:11:40 AM EDT by ottergt]
GENERAL: AFAIK - As Far As I Know IIRC - If I recall Correctly AR15 Related: NM - National Match AWB - Assault Weapons Ban BS - (bull sh!t - see above listing) ATF (or BATF) - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:33:38 AM EDT
YMMV = YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY (ex.. 2 vehicles of the same make and model may get different gas mileage) [;)]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:28:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ottergt: ATF (or BATF) - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
View Quote
BATFE
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:29:26 PM EDT
I was really looking for those specific to firearms and primarily AR's. I was not familiar with SPR for one. I've figured out b/c/ch and others however new ones pop up now and then and I have to take a little time or read further before it becomes clear. Anyway, I appreciate the responses so far and if anyone comes up with any more related to our guns please post them.
Top Top