Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/17/2003 12:31:58 AM EDT
My 20" H-bar has a solid free floating aluminum handguard, and while i like the aesthetics, it gets hot FAST. Anyone use a vertical handgrip on these with any success or should I just deal with it. I know most grips are aluminum also and would probably just absorb heat as well. I do have a Harris bipod, but wanted something in front to grab. Thanks http://www.shagbuilt.com/MyAR1.jpg
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:46:15 AM EDT
Anyone?? Help a guy out here
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:15:21 AM EDT
There is no reason why you can't add a bit of rail underneath the tube to allow you to attach a forward grip. I'd recommend one of the plastic ones (to avoid the heat issue). Ones that come to mind: Fobus, Bushmaster BMAS, ARMS, KAC
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:20:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 10:21:23 AM EDT by Zardoz]
I saw just yesterday an adaptor for putting a handguard rail onto a float tube, but can't remember who makes it. There are a lot of synthetic vertical grips out, too, so you have a lot of possibilities to choose from. Try looking around at these sites. [url]www.brownells.com[/url] [url]www.sableco.net[/url] [url]www.advanced-armament.com[/url] [url]mstn.biz[/url] [url]www.gggaz.com[/url] [url]www.gunguide.com[/url] [url]www.armsmounts.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:22:50 AM EDT
My preban Colt has a freefloat carbine handguard... I was thinking about having one of the GG&G small rails attached, then putting the vert. grip on. It should be easy to do, hell I might be able to do it myself with a dremel and some selftapping screws... Alex
Top Top