Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/16/2003 9:50:12 PM EDT
If I built a fab-10 AR-15 without a flash hider, muzzle break, etc. would it be legal to have a flare launcher on it? The TWO banned features being only the pistol grip and flare launcher? On bushmaster's website says their flare launcher can't be legally installed on a post ban rifle in California. But my AR would be an exception because it doesn't have the removable magazine correct?

Thanx in advance
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:12:15 PM EDT
That would depend on your state laws regarding flare launchers. The FAB-10 is actually not subject to ANY of the AWB laws.. You can have the pistol grip, bayonet lug, flash suppressor, and folding stock if you want them. If CA allows flare launchers on ANY gun, then you can have them on the FAB-10.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:12:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2003 11:16:50 PM EDT by way-out-west2]
I have to disagree I dont think CALI will allow anything like it [url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12301.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:14:07 PM EDT
Depends, really the only place that you'd probably own a FAB-10 is Commiefornia, and the most common type of 'flare launcher' that most like to put on their AR-15's, the M2037 - the 37mm M203, is banned. I was reading their silly gun laws a while back and it seems that they got around to making all 37mm flare launchers a felony to posses without 'special' permits.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2003 11:40:30 PM EDT by BBgunner]
Yes I live in California I wouldn't make a fab-10 otherwise. This is what I have my eye on. [url]http://bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/701-20lsk.asp[/url] = If it can only shoot flares than it can't be considered a destructive device? You can't shoot grenades with it even if you had some could you? I'm sure flare guns are legal in california. I've tried to search the net for flare guns and california. Nothing comes up. Also I don't think you need to use a ffl to get a flare launcher so how could it be illegal? Check out this q&a at this link [url]http://www.redstarmuseum.com/FAB10FAQ.html[/url] = Q: If I buy your California legal receiver for an AR-15, could I then buy a barrel and a stock and put it together and would this be legal? A: Yes. You can put any parts you want onto this receiver, because it is exempt, and would be treated the same as a bolt-action rifle (even though it is a semi-auto). So can you put a flare launcher on a bolt-action rifle? LOL Thanx for the help guys.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:04:11 AM EDT
When the hell are you going to need to shoot flares with that thing? It's nothing more than wasted weight IMHO. Even if I was going on a hike, I'd take a lightweight flare gun over an extra 4lb 6oz (unloaded) "penis enlarger" any day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:14:33 AM EDT
the site you pointed says clearly this product is not legal for california(prk) just one other observation, dont you need to open the upper to load the 10 rds in the fixed mag? if thats the case how will you open the upper for a reload, remove the whole upper every 10 shots?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:42:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 2gun: the site you pointed says clearly this product is not legal for california(prk) just one other observation, dont you need to open the upper to load the 10 rds in the fixed mag? if thats the case how will you open the upper for a reload, remove the whole upper every 10 shots?
View Quote
good one!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:16:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:13:20 PM EDT
I need some 37mm, 26mm, 12ga flare ammo. Where to contact ???
Top Top