Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2003 9:12:03 PM EDT
I shot about 300 rounds thru my new(to me) Colt h-bar. It was very cool. The only thing I don't like about it was the aluminum handguard as it heated up VERY quickly(it's solid). I realize it was probably designed for more of a slow target style shooting, but c'mon, you know I had to blast off a bunch of quick rounds. I was talking to a guy there that had a pre-ban M4 and he was saying that I could get a retractable buttstock(he had the magpul buttstock)and just pin it at the length I want. I was just wandering how that is done and if that will damage anything if the ban on them gets dropped. He also had an MP5 which he was kind enough to let me shoot. Holy crap that thing was nice! My wife shot it too, now she wants one heh.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I love range stories!

Fun, ain't it?

Any pics to post?

Range stories without pics are a board rules violation.
Just foolin'[beer]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome.  i also own a colt hbar and have noticed that it heats up pretty quick.  but it does not bother me much becasue i dont shoot very fast and let it cool down after a few clips :)
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is the gun that I traded for some work. Got this and a Springfield 1911-a1 and a little Rossi Stainless .38 snubnose. He had to get rid of all his guns cause he's moving to Mexico(willingly, not on the lamb lol).[img]http://www.shagbuilt.com/MyAR1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:01:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that a 40? Have you had any problems with it?  Lots of locals telling me the 40's jam periodically.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea it's a 40. I have two. I have only used them on two seperate ocassions, but have put aleast 120 rounds thru each with no feed problems at all. I did however experience a feed problem with a 30 that i used yesterday, so i marked it and am gonna switch out the parts on it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#6]
40 rounders! Well no wonder your handguard heated up!  [;)] jk

It sounds like you made a heck of a trade. Congratulations on your new (to you) Colt.

Eric
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top