Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 5:30:04 PM EDT
I would like to mount a scope on my M4 primarily for Range Shooting out to 200 yards.
I understand that in some cases you can see the front sight through the scope.  I would like avoid this as much as possible.  Any suggestions on a moderately priced variable power scope, base and rings would be appreciatd.
No night vision or illuminating reticles are needed.

Thank-You for your comments.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Or if on a budget check out CDNN they run an add in Shotgun News and  they have a great rubber armored 3x9x40 will luminated reticle for about $80.00 with shipping - mount it on you carry handle and you wont see the front sight at all.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm very happy with my IOR Valdada M2 (4x scope) mounted on my Colt M4 using ARMS #22 High Scope rings. No sign of the front sight in the scope. About $294 for the scope (very good quality) and $90 for the quick throw rings.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
if you got the funds I would go with a ACOG TA01 4X32 (w/TA51 mount if you have a flat top). I have one on my Mforgery and I don't see the front sight, even though it is line with it.

one excellent scope, and it is completely sealed from the elements.

the other scope I would choice is the IOR M2 tactical with IOR heavy rings. SNIPERCOUNTRY.COM has them for 292 bucks....which is the best price on the net for those.

I have that scope on my G3 clone.....and the optics as just as good as the 600+ dollar ones.

in any case, don't think that a 80 dollar scope will be of the same quailty and construction as a more expensive one....because it won't be. 80 dollar scope have a lot of parallex issues with them, and you won't be happy with it.

some advice, buy one good scope and you'll save money on buying another one or another one.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top