Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 5:00:29 PM EDT
Can I have 30rd mags for my ar in cincinnati ohio ?

THANKS GUYS !!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
They sell them at Target World in Cincinnati. I have bought "England" stickered 30s there. Now, I know that just because someone sells you something, it does not mean that it is legal. I cannot site a law, but I have never heard of any such problems with pre-ban 30s across the river from me.

drew
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Target World is in Hamilton County not in the city limits of Cincinnati, I think that makes a differences.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, point taken AR15-NUT. I didn't think about that. Well, I'm with tooly then. Are there actual city regulations that do not allow magazines of large capacity even if they are pre-ban???
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you can even have an AR in Cincy.  They have strict gun laws within the city limits, which explains the extremely low incidence of violent crime and rioting.

Look at [URL=http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws.asp?FormMode=Detail&R=OH]Cincinnati Laws[/URL]

I found the following there:
The Cincinnati ordinance prohibits the possession of any semi-automatic firearm that was "originally designed with or has a fixed magazine or detachable magazine with a capacity of more than" 10 rounds for a rifle, 5 rounds for a shotgun and 15 rounds for a handgun. The Cincinnati ordinance also prohibits the possession of any detachable magazine with a magazine capacity in excess of 10 rifle rounds, 5 shotgun rounds or 15 handgun rounds. The Cincinnati ordinance exempts .22 caliber rimfire rifles which have fixed tubular magazines.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:57:38 AM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:33:48 AM EDT
[#6]
slickbt, you are correct. No semi-autos unless you fill ou tthe form and register them with Chief Streicher @ the District 1 office.

Selling them at Target World is irrelevant because Target World is in Sharonville, not the City of Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
if commie welfare city CINCINNATI is anything like the commie welfare city of cleveland, and it is.....you can't even own a "assault rifle" within city limits.....that is unless your a criminal then it's OK.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top