Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/11/2003 6:06:52 PM EDT
Has anyone removed their pinned stock on a Colt M4 and installed a Sliding Stock? If so how difficult was it. Was the receiver extension nut difficult to remove because of the staking?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 6:24:34 PM EDT by MarineNP]
First off, when you say pinned are you talking about the standard A2 stock, or the fixed collapsible stock? If you have a pinned stock (as in fixed collapsible stock) on your M4 then it may be there for a reason. What I mean by that is your rifle may be a post ban, in which case a collapsible buttstock is illegal. However, if it is a confirmed preban then you can install a collapsible stock. You will need a buttstock wrench to remove the nut. If you have a standard A2 stock then you will have to remove the top screw first from the buttplate then slide off the stock. If you have a fixed collapsible stock on then you don't have to worry about this. It is fairly easy to do if you have a buttstock wrench. Everything will line up perfect if you do it properly. Just don't lose the tiny tension spring. Here is a link to the buttstock wrench. [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/223-telewrench.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:50:00 PM EDT
It is an easy job to do,but as MarineNP stated you shouldn't perform this on a post-ban rifle.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:06:02 PM EDT
I cannot argue the point with you because I am aware of the illegality regarding the 1994 AWB. The appearance of a short ar-15 and the versatility of the slidingstock appeals to me a great deal. I have never in my entire life been approached by a BATF agent, possibly because I live in a very rural area. I guess its somewhat of a personal thing as I am tired of government intrusion into our lives (yours,mine and everyone else). A good question for the board might be just how many members have been stopped and checked by a BATF agent. I would think Sliding Stocks on Post Ban Rifles is rather low on their priority list. Thank you for your response to my questions and I wish you a good evening. P.S. Sorry about the rant. Steve
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:24:14 PM EDT
Every time someone gets caught for breaking gun laws, it makes things harder for law abiding gun owners. Just keep that in mind. We dont need the morons in the liberal press, and the left wing bastards in the gov. to have any reason for extending this dumb ass ban.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:00:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Stephen1: I cannot argue the point with you because I am aware of the illegality regarding the 1994 AWB. The appearance of a short ar-15 and the versatility of the slidingstock appeals to me a great deal. I have never in my entire life been approached by a BATF agent, possibly because I live in a very rural area. I guess its somewhat of a personal thing as I am tired of government intrusion into our lives (yours,mine and everyone else). A good question for the board might be just how many members have been stopped and checked by a BATF agent. I would think Sliding Stocks on Post Ban Rifles is rather low on their priority list. Thank you for your response to my questions and I wish you a good evening. P.S. Sorry about the rant. Steve
View Quote
I'm sure most of us agree with with what you think Steve, but laws are laws and we must abide by them so that we don't lose the privleges we already have. Maybe you will never get caught if you attach a collapsible stock to a postban, but is it worth taking the chance of getting caught?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:10:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:36:38 AM EDT
I want to thank each and everyone of you for your post. They have been helpful. I will not alter the Pinned Post-Band Stock nor will I buy a replacement. I'll spend the money on ome ammo amd optics. Thanks again. Steve
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:55:53 AM EDT
smart choice [;)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:02:07 PM EDT
Hopefully it will be a legitimate question in a little more than a year. When the time comes, there should be a FAQ about how to add the various pre-ban features to a post-ban.
Top Top