Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/10/2003 4:41:26 PM EDT
They wanted $1050 for it and I wasn;t really interested in buying it but I had considered it to an AR-15 cause they shoot .223 and take same mags.

I do have to say it was handy little carbine and with the right optics it could be decent for home or campsite defense, Only problem is where the magwell is situated. To far back for me.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/10/2003 4:56:31 PM EDT by Hokie]
Did some studying myself. A few things bother me about the M17: 1) the action is right by your ear...L O U D 2) the 25 meter sights made me laugh when I first looked through it 3) the optic rail is too high for a decent cheek rest 4) trigger...it's a rod, so it's no AR15 5) I don't own one What I do like is: 1) It's really compact with a 21.5" barrel 2) Can be accessorized 3) affordable 4) not meant to shoot like an AR, so for it's design, it's useful in it's own right 5) I don't really have a fifth reason, but I wanted to have 5 reasons to counter the pros, so....it's uh...black. I like black rifles.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:00:01 PM EDT
I beleve they were having problems with the earlier Bull pups which they corrected and can correct, but why get a preban Bullpup? The only thing that it can have that a postban can't have is the threaded muzzle. I've seen Post ban bull pups go for $699 in a NY gun store. (now THAT is saying something)
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:30:24 PM EDT
Decent rifle, I like mine alot. Really great with a bushnell holosight on it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:00:16 AM EDT
The only thing that it can have that a postban can't have is the threaded muzzle.
View Quote
Point of interest - Even the post ban M17S has a threaded barrel. Sure, it's covered with muzzle nuts, but they are secured with Loctite!
Top Top