AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 1:04:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats the scariest damn thing i ever read
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I only skimmed through, but the only thing different than what we have here is the "extra pistol grip" feature. Otherwise, its just like the Kaliban AWB.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thats the scariest damn thing i ever read
View Quote

I'm pretty new here, and have just started paying attention to the pollitical side of gun ownership.  I think I'll take 5mins and go over to the NRA's website and pay whatever the rate is for a membership. Atleast they stand up for our right for gun ownership...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't believe it...  I don't know what to say...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
welcome to america, land of the free and hopefully the home of the brave.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#7]
now we are starting to feel like our founding fathers did right before april 1775
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#8]
"A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.  In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.’’

THIS IS MORE UNCONSTITUTIONAL BULLSHIT!  I can't imagine that this will pass, but WITFK!  I know if this is ever the law I will fight it until death.  Anyone that would enforce such a law is no better than the Nazis who were only "following orders."  There are God given rights that a government cannot rightfully take from the people (without spilling blood) and the right to bear arms and protect yourself is such a right.  Death to tyrants!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#9]
The House Bill 2038 is basically dead as proposed and even the majority of House Democrats will admit that it's prospects are almost zero.  Their only strategy would be I think to compromise with the Senate's new AWB, but even the Senate AWB bill's prospects are very slim to say the least.  This House bill will in all likelyhood  never even make it out of committee to reach the House floor for a vote.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone that would enforce such a law is no better than the Nazis who were only "following orders."  Death to tyrants!
View Quote

I just had a conversation with my squad about this.  There is not a single cop on my squad who would ever enforce or go along with any form of garbage like this.  

This should never pass, but it NEVER SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AS FAR AS IT HAS!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I read that right it would completely ban the possession all AR type rifles (and FALs etc) made after 9/94[:(!]
View Quote

You mean confiscation of "post-ban" rifles?  They ought to have fun with that.  Confiscation of legally purchased property is my line in the sand, and it doesn't get moved for anyone.  It would be time to feed the hogs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#12]
So you're saying that you'd give them your gun bullets first? Stickman was right - no law enforcement agent in his/her right mind is going to enforce that.

This bill won't pass for hell. If it bans common sporting rifles, SHOTGUNS, and pistols, then no way. I'm suprised the Remington 700 ain't on the list.....
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Calm down and see the tacked post at the top of this forum.

This bill is dead. Go to McCarthy's website. SHE HAS NOTHING POSTED ON THIS BILL.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If I read that right it would completely ban the possession all AR type rifles (and FALs etc) made after 9/94[:(!]
View Quote

WRONG!

I've studied the bill and there is a subparagraph that does grandfather postbans. Go to AWBansunset.com and look for Thunderball's posts on HR 2038 for more info.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So you're saying that you'd give them your gun bullets first? Stickman was right - no law enforcement agent in his/her right mind is going to enforce that.

This bill won't pass for hell. If it bans common sporting rifles, SHOTGUNS, and pistols, then no way. [red]I'm suprised the Remington 700 ain't on the list.....[/red]
View Quote

Yeah, your Remington 700...Who know what else...maybe the M1 Garand is next[:O]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#17]
well 2nd amendment violations up the yin-yang on that one.  Welcome to America were all our past freedoms and rights are now in danger.

Its funny how they think that they are protecting LEO and Civilians when rifles are not used that often in crimes, and most LEO that I have talked with hate the damn thing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

WRONG!

I've studied the bill and there is a subparagraph that does grandfather postbans. Go to AWBansunset.com and look for Thunderball's posts on HR 2038 for more info.

CRC
View Quote
Okay what section is that or how about a link to Thunderball's post? I searched on that website and could not find a post regarding this issue.

I say this based on "Section 4 Grandfather Provisions" which is on page 8 of the document linked in the first post.
This secion would specifically make the date for determining whether a weapon is grandfathered 9/13/94. Since it's new definition of semi-automatic assault rifle includes postban ARs etc any made after 9/13/94 would not be grandfathered.
View Quote

Look at subpargraph B and go out and look at the thread "For those of you concerned about HR 2038"

CRC
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#19]
any democrats out there?  why do they always say stuff like "its gonna be dead on arrival" or "there is zero chance for anything like it to pass".  whatever happened to "its unconstitutional and i will not vote for it or support those who submitted it"? republicans , too, so as not to flame anyone unnecessarily.  if anyone is saying what i'd like to hear, the press is obviously not reporting it, as usual.  write them letters, make them calls and say its not good enough to just let it roll on by and say it won't happen becuase the crap does get passed at some point.  time for the elected ones to earn that big pension plan of theirs and stand up for whats right.  by the way, ever seen how their retirement works?  that alone is enough for another tea party.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
CRC-gotcha- I couldn't find anything worthwhile on that other site but I see what you mean, the "enactment of this subparagraph' would probably do it
View Quote

Glad I could help. The bill still has no chance.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm suprised the Remington 700 ain't on the list.....
View Quote

NOT YET!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Just wait...: P They'll come up with some pathetic excuse to add it. They will probably claim it is a sniper rifle in it's most basic, and stock form.

But dear god, if they managed to ban the Garand..... It would be the second civil war...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#24]
i thought i saw the m1 on the list.  Man, this kind of stuff makes me question, am i Prou d to be american, where my rights garunteed as an american are now in jepordy.  If you read some of the things that are banned, you wil also notice it listed any devices that encirlce the barrel.  

This is bs, and im calling my senator to complain about these bills.  

In my state, we have a 800 million dollar detb.  They are shutting downt he government because our state senate refused to pass a tax increase.  that would pay for police, fire departments, and schools.  Dont think my state is even looking at this kinda thing
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General.  In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.’’

THIS IS MORE UNCONSTITUTIONAL BULLSHIT!  I can't imagine that this will pass, but WITFK!  I know if this is ever the law I will fight it until death.  Anyone that would enforce such a law is no better than the Nazis who were only "following orders."  There are God given rights that a government cannot rightfully take from the people (without spilling blood) and the right to bear arms and protect yourself is such a right.  Death to tyrants!
View Quote

i agree
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:32:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This bill is dead. Go to McCarthy's website. SHE HAS NOTHING POSTED ON THIS BILL.

CRC
View Quote

This bill was written to be extremist. The antis intend to abandon this. They will call it "compromise". They will "compromise" and try to start debating the senate version of the AWB.

Keep the letters flowing!

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:45:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Treason by any other name is still treason.

Congress seems to have forgotten that they just can't pass ANY damn law they feel like and it's OK just because they are Congress.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#28]
You guys need to get your heads right.

Over the top legislation, such as that, is a dream come true.
It won't pass.

Be wary of "reasonable" anti-gun legislation.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#29]
There is no such thing as reasonable anti-gun legislation.  If there were, then we'd also have reasonable anti-free speech legislation.

Imagine a ban on printing presses that are capable of "hi-capacity" printing, or they're banned because they're state of the art and used by the government to print propaganda.

If these liberals were around 150 years ago, they would want to pass "reasonable" legislation to ban double action revolvers.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Relax and realize the context in which I speak.
If we panic in all situations, we'll never keep our heads during a true crisis.

By "reasonable" (note once again that I use quotations), I refer to bills not so drastic, not so sweeping.  Bills that moderate Republicans, fearing Soccer-Mom wrath, might endorse.

Reason is a good thing.  Try it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#31]
if this were to actually get passed, which we know it wont, When will gun owners of america stand up, march all there asses to washington, and tell the government how it is!

if they wont listen to us, maybe we should go to them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
if this were to actually get passed, which we know it wont, When will gun owners of america stand up, march all there asses to washington, and tell the government how it is.
View Quote

I'm confused.
If as you say it won't pass, your question then becomes moot.
After all, if we live in a land where something like this won't/can't pass, gun owners are/will be somewhat satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRC
View Quote

This bill was written to be extremist. The antis intend to abandon this. They will call it "compromise". They will "compromise" and try to start debating the senate version of the AWB.

Keep the letters flowing!

View Quote

You are wrong my friend! This was written by Carolyn McCarthy with the help of the VPC. The VPC cannot and will not endorse a compromise bill UNLESS it bans the "one evil feature". This is different from the Brady's or AFGS who will end up endorsing S 1034.

This bill was written like this for one reason: MCCARTHY WANTS THIS BILL PASSED EVEN IF IT TAKES HER LIFE.

She's the ultimate anti-gun politician. She'd ban your air gun in a hearbeat.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#34]
A shotgun with a foregrip is not allowed under this? what are you allowed to own?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#35]
didnt our fore fathers write the 2nd amendment to protect the people from invading forces and OUR OWN GOVERNMENT. seems like they somehow knew that they had to watch out for the people because governments are power hungry tyrants that have visions of ultimate power over their own people. Havent had a civil war in a while , we might see one in our future.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#36]
WTF M1 Carbine is on the banned list?

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Basically, everything short of a Springfield musket is banned, or would be banned if this passed. Won't happen though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top