Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 12:24:57 PM EDT
I was going to order a Complete ARMS SIR Upper from Bushmaster with a 14.5 M4 Barrel with Permanely attached Phantom Flash Suppressor.

They said you could not Use the Military Version ARMS SIR with a permanely attached Flash suppressor?

What Ya Think?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
BS.  You will have to dremel off a few parts (New-ARguy has detailed this in past posts) but you can do it in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would Bushmaster have trouble making a New Upper with this?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Id call them back and reconfirm that.  I see no reason why not.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey fell-off-the-truck i just bought my BUshmaster 14.5 M4 Barrel with a  Permantely attached Phantom Flash Suppressor and a SIR-m and all you have to do is hack off the delta ring with a dremel but be very carful..But it aint no thing, no problems, SIR-m fits all nice and snug!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing needing removed is the delta ring for the M version.  

But if you planned to replace the front sight tower with a flip up you'd need to remove the Phantom somehow.  Maybe Bushmaster was confused, who knows.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I just called Bushmaster back and spoke with Matt and he said that they can make that Upper for me with No Problem.

He said he has No Idea who over at Bushmaster told me that they could not make it this way but they were 100% wrong !!!

Thanks..
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Never call a company at lunch time.  High probability of getting someone that doesnt know jack LOL.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Or you could buy the "C" version?  I know I'm a smartass.....[:)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top