Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/9/2003 7:57:04 PM EDT
A friend has hit some very hard times and needs to sell his pre-ban Eagle 20" AR -15. That's all the data I have on the rifle.

I've heard very little about the Eagle rifles (maybe a company related to Armalite?)

Any thoughts on a resale value? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A friend has hit some very hard times and needs to sell his pre-ban Eagle 20" AR -15. That's all the data I have on the rifle.

I've heard very little about the Eagle rifles (maybe a company related to Armalite?)

Any thoughts on a resale value? Thanks.
View Quote

Yep - Eagle is related to ArmaLite and made some very fine preban AR's.

Hard to give advice on price without more info but $1000 - $1500 is at least the range.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The Eagle Arms from the Coal Valley days are OUTSTANDING in quality.  I would buy another if I came across one in good condition.  In fact I have a friend at work with one and Im constantly trying to talk him out of it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
He should have no problem parting with it for 1200.00  It all depends on the condition.  Eagle Arms are good to go, but Bushmaster and Colt command the higher prices.

I hope this helps.

Max
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.

Lumpy196 - what do you mean Eagles from the "Coal Mountain days?"  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Eagle Arms from the Coal Valley days are OUTSTANDING in quality.  I would buy another if I came across one in good condition.  In fact I have a friend at work with one and Im constantly trying to talk him out of it.
View Quote

I gotta Coal Valley Preban Eagle Arms with a 16" A2 upper on it with Lumpy written all over it for $1800 [naughty][naughty][naughty]

Editted to add: EA lowers were made in two places, I guess Lumpy is saying that the Coal Valley ones are of superb quality.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]
How can you tell where the EA lower was made?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How can you tell where the EA lower was made?
View Quote

Look on the receiver.

chp5, we really can't do much more to help until/unless you get that gun in front of you or get some very detailed pictures posted.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#8]
It's stamped right on the Receiver....

Let me go get it and I'll tell you exactly how mine's stamped.

Eagle Arms inc. stamp
COAL VALLEY, IL

CAL. 5.56 MM
   EA-15
SER. 92XX

The only problem I have with my Lower is the actual quality of the Eagle Arms Inc. stamp, it's a little deeper on one end then the other. Other then that the lower is great, finish is really nice.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.  I'll have the rifle in my hands in a couple of weeks and post some pics.  

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lumpy196 - what do you mean Eagles from the "Coal Mountain days?"  Thanks.  
View Quote

Eagle Arms was located in Coal Valley, IL during the pre-ban days.  They later moved to Geneseo and go the name change to Armalite.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my 20" Coal Valley LNIB for $1350.  One reason the price is lower than Colt and BM for the same quality rifle is because the barrels and chambers are not chrome lined on the Eagle Arms rifles (even the old ones), the chambers are .223, not 5.56, and the front sight tower is cast, not forged.  BM will rebarrel your rifle for under $200, which solves all of the above problems.  End result:  top quality LNIB pre-ban for under $1550.

FWIW
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for your help guys.  

I got the rifle and it's marked:

Eagle Arms Inc.
COAL VALLEY, IL

CAL. 5.56 MM
EA-15

I have it for sale on the Equipment Exchange for $1,180.  It has a 20" upper with a bird cage flash suppressor and a bayonet lug.  It has a custom serial # that's all letters and no #'s.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top