Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 5:36:57 PM EDT
Hello, I am trying for the first time to take off my handguard. I'm going to install the Harris bipos adapter so I can use the bipod. I tried like hell to pull down the ring and it doesn't seem to pull down far enough to release the handguards. Am I doing something wrong? Can anybody tell me the correct or better yet the easy way to take the handguards off. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:42:54 PM EDT
I place the rifle butt-down and push down on the delta ring while pulling the handguard out. It might help to have someone else pull on the HG while you push down on the D-ring.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:46:04 PM EDT
Pull harder, and have a friend remove the guards. It takes both hands to pull the delta ring down. Failing that, they (the mysterious them) make a tool to make this a one-man job, Fulton Armory sells it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:28:30 PM EDT
First, tape up the delta ring to help prevent scratching. Then, pull down on ONE side of the delta ring,angling it down, and remove the handguards, one at a time. The heat shields should pop out, to install the adapter, and then snap back in.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:46:43 PM EDT
If you really want to take it easy on your hands then I recommend getting one of these babies. [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/handguards/hgd-tool.asp[/url] If you play around with your handguards as much as I do then your hands will thank you for this. This thing really does work great.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:04:04 PM EDT
Mine always come off so much easier when I've got my upper seperated from the lower. It gives me better leverage to remove the handguards. I place the upper in my right hip/lap and pull back on the Delta ring, kind of angling it to one side. Pop off one handguard, and then angle for the next. Mine are easier than some I presume though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:08:28 AM EDT
I bought the above mentioned tool from Bushmaster. It works great, the handguards just fall off the gun in 10 seconds and you don't need three friends and a gorilla to accomplish it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:14:10 AM EDT
Top Top