Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/9/2003 1:39:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2003 2:05:52 PM EDT by glockdog]
I sent this E-mail to Carrie Lettieri of Trijicon yesterday because of the thread posted by SorryOciffer. I've contacted her before regarding product info and she has been quick to respond. Shes giving me the B.S. awnser to my question but I'm hoping you guys can give me specific vendor price increases I.E. company X had it for $800.00 now its $1250.00. I will E-mail her again and post her 2nd response. Below is my E-mail and her response:

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:Me@tampabay.rr.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 8:29 PM
To: Carrie Lettieri
Subject: Prices on your products

Carrie, what is going on with the price of your ACOG's. they seemed to have jumped as much as $300.00. Please, please don't tell me your doing this because of there popularity. I would hate to think trijicon would charge more for the same product just because they could. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Me

Response

Dear You,
Thank you for your patronage of Trijicon products. Our website at www.trijicon.com lists our suggested retail pricing for our scopes and gunsights. Better pricing will be found going through our Trijicon Dealers. Please contact me at the number below anytime Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you again,

Carrie Lettieri
Customer Service
info@trijicon.com
1-800-338-0563

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:57:31 PM EDT
The prices on Trijicon's www site, just like she says, have been the same for some time now. what she says is not BS, it is 100% correct.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:04:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By new-arguy: The prices on Trijicon's www site, just like she says, have been the same for some time now. what she says is not BS, it is 100% correct.
View Quote
Well then what Trijicon is not responible for the vendor price increase? Good article on the FIRSH Vs. SIR by the way. Thanks Glockdog Airborne!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:50:49 PM EDT
Popular scopes, their demand is high, their production is low. You may have to wait a couple months to get the model you want. Dealer takes this into account, has supplied scope on hand, charges more money for imediate delivery. Old supply & demand deal. -Steve
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:11:49 PM EDT
All I know is that the prices of the scopes have not changed on Trijicons www site, if they have, not by very much. Prices for Trijicon optics on vendors www sites have, however, gone up quite a bit. I dont know if Trijicon is responsible for that or not.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:24:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By new-arguy: All I know is that the prices of the scopes have not changed on Trijicons www site, if they have, not by very much. Prices for Trijicon optics on vendors www sites have, however, gone up quite a bit. I dont know if Trijicon is responsible for that or not.
View Quote
Is Trijicon responsible? Of course they are. They hacked into all those www sites and changed the prices without the site owner knowing what happened. The bewildered site owner is scratching his head trying to figure out why people are sending in so much money. It's a case of the seller deciding it's time to quit leaving so much money laying on the table and pricing more in line with supply/demand. Trijicon has nothing to do with it beyond the amount of product they are able to supply. People should quit blaming Trijicon for what isn't their doing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:55:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:50:23 PM EDT
I am not saying Trijicon is responsible for their vendors price increase, and I am not saying they are not. I simply dont know. But what I do know is that they COULD be responsible. Many companies, Surefire and Aimpoint among them, tell vendors that they have to advertise their products at what they call a minimum advertised price. If the vendor will not agree to this standardized price, the company will not sell them scopes. Again, I am not saying this is what happened, I am just saying this is what has happened with other companies before.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:09:37 PM EDT
There are less expensive alternatives than SWFA currently. Look around... Also, I did ask SWFA about this on their industry forum here. You might check out their response.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:35:57 AM EDT
Yep been waiting since March for my ACOG. Nothing....
Top Top