The only rifle better than the SL8, that you can find in the USA:
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:41:06 PM EDT
I would rather have a french chaut chaut than a SL8. GG
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:48:54 PM EDT
Better yet, a Daisy Red Rider.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:50:55 PM EDT
Hmmmmm lets see... I know what, Airsoft guns. Yippe
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:11:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gun Guru: I would rather have a french chaut chaut than a SL8. GG
View Quote
At least the SL8 does not jam. It was sad though that that French POS rifle was issued to our troops in WWI when the Browning BAR was available. Our smart thinking generals were afraid that the Browning would fall into German hands so our guys were given that POS that was so poorly made that parts were not interchangable.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:26:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Raptor22:
Originally Posted By Gun Guru: I would rather have a french chaut chaut than a SL8. GG
View Quote
At least the SL8 does not jam. It was sad though that that French POS rifle was issued to our troops in WWI when the Browning BAR was available. Our smart thinking generals were afraid that the Browning would fall into German hands so our guys were given that POS that was so poorly made that parts were not interchangable.
View Quote
No the SL8-1 does not jam. But, It is too expensive, only has 10rd mags, terrible sights, too heavy, and accessories are too much money. My boss has a SL8, I have fired about 500rds through it. I would not take it over an AR-15.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:57:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/7/2003 6:01:13 AM EDT by desertmoon]
I will have NONE OF THESE UNTRUTHS!!!! The Chautchaut was a gorgeous piece of engineering!!! It was not the fault of Frenchie that you crude Americans could not handle the finer points of such a wonderous work of art. Did Sammy Davis Jr. have any trouble with his Chautchaut in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" ?? NO!! Did Carol Burnett have any trouble with her Chautchaut at the Battle of the Bulge??? NO!!!! But you oafish American soldiers cannot handle the simple doctrine of "fire on the left foot forward during assault"!!! Not the right foot!!! Not fire from the prone!!!! Not fire from cover!!!! When your floppy American left heel was to hit the ground during forward movement THEN you would fire!!!!!! That was how it was designed you FOPS!!!!! Oh, you CRUDE, CRUDE, clumsy Americans!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:15:01 PM EDT
[lolabove]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:44:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By desertmoon: I will have NONE OF THESE UNTRUTHS!!!! The Chautchaut was a gorgeous piece of engineering!!! It was not the fault of Frenchie that you crude Americans could not handle the finer points of such a wonderous work of art. Did Sammy Davis Jr. have any trouble with his Chautchaut in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" ?? NO!! Did Carol Burnett have any trouble with her Chautchaut at the Battle of the Bulge??? NO!!!! But you oafish American soldiers cannot handle the simple doctrine of "fire on the left foot forward during assault"!!! Not the right foot!!! Not fire from the prone!!!! Not fire from cover!!!! When your floppy American left heel was to hit the ground during forward movement THEN you would fire!!!!!! That was how it was designed you FOPS!!!!! Oh, you CRUDE, CRUDE, clumsy Americans!!!!!
View Quote
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:08:12 PM EDT
I think HK's are great. I am sure you can tell by my username, but I would not choose an SL8 over my AR. at least not in its current state. much less invest over 2000 to make it into a g36 clone that takes AR mags. which are what some people consider one of the AR's weaknesses. My AR is fantastic.I have never had a problem with it. I have been deployed with an M-16 and i trust it with my life. I have HK handguns and I would use nothing else, but as a rifle, the AR is what I choose.
Top Top