Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/5/2003 11:26:00 AM EDT
Want to buy either an Ace folding stock or a fixed stock for dr 200. Can't make up my mind whether a fixed or folding. Anyone owning either one give some guidance? Leaning toward the fixed.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:19:11 PM EDT
Isnt the DR200 a post ban Daewoo? If it is, its fixed only unless your planning a Federal crime.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:36:45 PM EDT
What comes with the stock is a new trigger and disconnector manufactured in the U.S. and you have to use an all USA made magazine for it to be legal. I just don't know if I would want to shoot with a folding stock. I tried a pistol grip on my shotgun and didn't care for that.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:49:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 1:50:24 PM EDT by DevL]
The US parts count only applies to being able to add a pistol grip due to import restrictions my friend. You will be in violation of the 94 Assault Weapon Ban if you add a folding stock so its not an option even if its 100% American made. To add the folding stock is a federal offense, a felony, as in no more guns for life if you are caught.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:20:06 PM EDT
Why does ACE sell the folding stock? Is it just for the preban Daewoos? I didn't think it would be legal to have a folding stock on it. I'll most definitely get a fixed stock then. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:59:01 PM EDT
The folding stock is for prebans. After Sept 2004 we no longer have "post ban" rifles and you can add the hinged part of the mechanism at a later date I believe.
Top Top