Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/4/2003 8:45:05 AM EDT
I ordered a factory custom Bushmaster from my favorite FFL, my first AR.It should be here any time and I am trying to be patient.
I have been buying a couple boxes of the 40 round Winchester 55 gr at Wal-mart each week ($7.47) in anticipation.
It is to be an A3 Dissipator with NM trigger, M4 profile barrell, the slotted free-floated handguards and an AK brake. I hope it doesn't look too strange.
I hope to use it for 3-Gun matches.
Thanks to everyone here, most of what I know about these rifles I learned by reading this forum.
Tom
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:25:24 AM EDT
Damn, don't you hate the wait? Well you're gonna have you a nice rifle so it is worth the wait. Welcome to the club. [beer]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:32:10 AM EDT
I've learned that with Bushmaster, its best to place your order, then try to forget about it. 8-10 weeks later, you'll get a call from your shop/FFL about a pleasant surprise!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:42:09 AM EDT
you should have ordered and armalite.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:25:47 PM EDT
nick13, Perhaps you could elaborate on your Armalite preference?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:05:37 PM EDT
Thanks Marine NP. Joelfox, my FFL said 3-4 weeks. No offense, but I hope he's righter than you. ;)This is week four allready though. Part of the reaason for going Bushy was as a show of support for them in the face of the ridiculous lawsuits they are facing. I like Armalite, I think I'd really like an AR-10.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:28:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 9:28:37 PM EDT by joelfox]
tberg, I've been waiting 7 weeks now, and according to my shop, one of my items should be here before the end of the week (a 20" post-ban gov't profile rifle) but the 16" M4 upper will take a few more weeks. It all depends on what you ordered. Of course, I'd rather not have to wait, but good things come to those who do.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:15:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 7:16:39 AM EDT by M15A22003]
I guess I was spoiled. I ordered my Armalite from my fav gun guy and I had it in 6 business days and that's only because he waited 2 days to order after I told him to get it. I love it. It would have been worth a 6 week wait but I'm glad I didn't have to. Mine was a standard model though, not a custom order.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:17:27 AM EDT
Just wait until you order your first ACOG.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:39:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By joelfox: I've learned that with Bushmaster, its best to place your order, then try to forget about it. 8-10 weeks later, you'll get a call from your shop/FFL about a pleasant surprise!
View Quote
Looks like you ordered during a bad time... or I ordered during a really good time. Since I had to go the FAB-10 route, I couldn't get a full rifle from Bushmaster, so I purchased a 20" HBAR pre-ban kit from them. I ordered on 5/31, and received an email saying that everything shipped on 6/4. UPS seems to be having fun playing with my head (tells me that the package will arrive on the 10th, then 11th, now 10th again). arrrr! Nowhere near the 7 weeks you've been waiting, though I was told by Bushmaster 2 weeks ago that the normal turnaround time for a kit would be 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:51:41 PM EDT
Heh. Mine will probably take twelve weeks as they can't believe anybody ordered up such a goofy configuration. "Anticipayashun!It's makin' me wait. It's keeping me way-ay-ting."
Top Top