Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2003 8:45:05 AM EDT
I ordered a factory custom Bushmaster from my favorite FFL, my first AR.It should be here any time and I am trying to be patient.
I have been buying a couple boxes of the 40 round Winchester 55 gr at Wal-mart each week ($7.47) in anticipation.
It is to be an A3 Dissipator with NM trigger, M4 profile barrell, the slotted free-floated handguards and an AK brake. I hope it doesn't look too strange.
I hope to use it for 3-Gun matches.
Thanks to everyone here, most of what I know about these rifles I learned by reading this forum.
                   Tom
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, don't you hate the wait?  Well you're gonna have you a nice rifle so it is worth the wait. Welcome to the club.  [beer]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've learned that with Bushmaster, its best to place your order, then try to forget about it. 8-10 weeks later, you'll get a call from your shop/FFL about a pleasant surprise!

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
you should have ordered and armalite.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
nick13,

Perhaps you could elaborate on your Armalite preference?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Marine NP.
Joelfox, my FFL said 3-4 weeks. No offense, but I hope he's righter than you. ;)This is week four allready though.
Part of the reaason for going Bushy was as a show of support for them in the face of the ridiculous lawsuits they are facing. I like Armalite, I think I'd really like an AR-10.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
tberg, I've been waiting 7 weeks now, and according to my shop, one of my items should be here before the end of the week (a 20" post-ban gov't profile rifle) but the 16" M4 upper will take a few more weeks. It all depends on what you ordered.

Of course, I'd rather not have to wait, but good things come to those who do.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess I was spoiled. I ordered my Armalite from my fav gun guy and I had it in 6 business days and that's only because he waited 2 days to order after I told him to get it. I love it. It would have been worth a 6 week wait but I'm glad I didn't have to. Mine was a standard model though, not a custom order.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Just wait until you order your first ACOG.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've learned that with Bushmaster, its best to place your order, then try to forget about it. 8-10 weeks later, you'll get a call from your shop/FFL about a pleasant surprise!

View Quote

Looks like you ordered during a bad time... or I ordered during a really good time. Since I had to go the FAB-10 route, I couldn't get a full rifle from Bushmaster, so I purchased a 20" HBAR pre-ban kit from them. I ordered on 5/31, and received an email saying that everything shipped on 6/4.

UPS seems to be having fun playing with my head (tells me that the package will arrive on the 10th, then 11th, now 10th again). arrrr!

Nowhere near the 7 weeks you've been waiting, though I was told by Bushmaster 2 weeks ago that the normal turnaround time for a kit would be 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Heh. Mine will probably take twelve weeks as they can't believe anybody ordered up such a goofy configuration.
"Anticipayashun!It's makin' me wait. It's keeping me way-ay-ting."
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top