Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/4/2003 5:43:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 5:43:32 AM EDT by Shades]
I purchased an Aimpoint CompM2 from an online outfit called Arizona Gun Runners. When it arrived, it was obviously used -- or at least a demo. Scratches all over...threads worn...It appeared as though it had been mounted...and the lens caps were not aligned.

So I called them to explain that I wanted to return it and the guy (Gary Lovetro) IMMEDIATELY tried to wash his hands of it by telling me I needed to call Aimpoint. When I explained that I bought the scope from HIM not Aimpoint (and I doubt that Aimpoint was using it as a demo lol) he got pissed and told me there are no refunds.
I informed him I was returning the scope regardless and that my bank would refund the charge to me. At that point he reversed himself and said there would be a 15% restocking fee!

My advice to ANYONE considering doing business with this company is to NOT! Instead of being concerned with a customer's satisfaction, HIS first concern was to DITCH the customer.

If anyone has ideas on how to handle this situation, please speak up. Thanks for reading my rant.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:01:38 AM EDT
Try to see if they'll swap the demo model for a "new" scope. That might save you the restocking fee. I ordered a couple Speedfeed stock sets from them a few years ago, and didn't have any problems. Good luck. CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:08:29 AM EDT
Sad to hear it Shades. I did a quick search of "Arizona Gun Runners" on these forums, & all of the feedback on them seems to be positive. Go figure??? I have no reason to doubt your claims however, so it would seem that they are not infallible. I am always a bit wary of business that post return policies like the following...
All SALES ARE FINAL and we do not encourage any returns.  We will not accept any return without prior authorization, copy of the original invoice and a note with the RA number and reason for the return.  If an item is accepted for return this item is subject to a 15% restocking charge.  This fee will be waived if we agree to exchange the item...
View Quote
My advice... dispute this purchase with your credit card company, and next time, do business with Wes @ MSTN. Good luck. 
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:51:21 AM EDT
FWIW, I have bought several items from them. They all came very quickly and were as advertised. Watch-Six
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:11:50 PM EDT
I talk with them on a regular basis at local gun shows. They only do mail order and GSs, with no actual storefront (in Pine, AZ). They can make exception if picking up an item that's ordered. They have seemed very professional in the couple of years I've been dealing with them. -T. Fish
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:25:37 PM EDT
Numerous transactions with zero problems. If I had a complaint, it's that they are hard to get ahold of by phone.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:59:33 PM EDT
No problems here when I ordered a Surefire Weaponlight for my Mossberg 590.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:19:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NYPatriot: and next time, do business with Wes @ MSTN.
View Quote
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:24:24 PM EDT
After reading the Disclaimer that NY Patriot posted from that Company , Why would anyone want to Buy anything from a Company like that? Just one more reason why i like to spend a few dollars more and buy stuff like that from Gunstore where i can Physically see and Handle the Goods before i buy. They obviously Sold you Used Merchandise as New that in my Book is Criminal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:19:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kisara:
Originally Posted By NYPatriot: and next time, do business with Wes @ MSTN.
View Quote
Couldn't have said it better myself.
View Quote
In addition to being very knowledgeable, Wes and MSTN are a class act. Over the years I've gotten to the point where with items like lights, I give a general description of my application and ask Wes to pick what I need and tell me how much I owe. I assure you he's the only vendor on the net where I place that kind of trust. Finally Wes and Paul are about the only folks I know that generally mount and test what they recommend. I've just sent them an off-beat laser, but with excellent specs, for them to wring out and see if the actual, practical performance meets the specs. The visible lasers I see advertised are all in the 635-650nm area and <5mW. I was buying 635nm <5mW lasers in 1994 and the only difference I see today is black and 'bad' casings with no better specs but with higher prices. (However, better mounting options are available today.)
Top Top