Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 1:37:21 PM EDT
I HAVE A FLAT-TOP WITH THE AK-47 BRAKE FROM BUSHMASTER BUT I DON'T LIKE IT AND WANT TO CHANGE IT. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS BOTH LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Cav Arms comp that I really like. It just screws onto a threaded barrel and then you blind pin it. I think they also have a slip on version.

As far as an illegal brake. The only way a muzzle brake/compensator would be illegal, techinicaly, is if it wasn't permanantly affixed by silver solder or blind pinning.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Talk to KurtKustum in industry forum. Hejust did a brake job on my post ban, you cant tell other than solid end. alsome job.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
May I recommend you stay away from silver solder.

Alot of guys made this mistake many years ago with the front sights on there 1911's.  You heat up steel to that temp, your gonna f$ck up the temper.

I know many here will disagree with me, but why chance it.

Ok, let the flames begin.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]
OK BUT CAN I BUY A PRE BAN UPPER FOR MY GUN WITHOUT PROBLEMS. AND ALSO IT SHOULD JUST BOLT INTO PLACE WITH THE PIN CORRECT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Go directly to http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm.

Do not pass "GO".

Do not collect $200.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:29:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I HAVE A FLAT-TOP WITH THE AK-47 BRAKE FROM BUSHMASTER BUT I DON'T LIKE IT AND WANT TO CHANGE IT. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS BOTH LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY.  
View Quote

How you chose to or if you attach is irrevalent if the rifle maintains a 16" barrel without it. If you need a brake to make the barrel 16", it must be permanently attached. It's the flash suppressors that are a no-no.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]
CAPS LOCK!!!11
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top