Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/2/2003 11:48:53 AM EDT
What Ya Think?
I would think they would scratch up your barrel with those Set Screws?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything fake on a weapon is wasted weight and falls in the cheesy category in my book.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
you can use it as a baton and beat people with it! [:O]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say cheezy and probably HOT after a few rounds.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anything fake on a weapon is wasted weight and falls in the cheesy category in my book.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
...the firearm equivalent of the rolled up sock down the front of your pants.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.
View Quote

Word
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree for the most part, but think about a fake suppressor on a semi M11 it gives you somthing to hold onto so you can bump fire it!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
They would be cool for posing in front of the mirror and thinking to yourself, "Yeah, I'm a bad-ass."[;)]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They would be cool for posing in front of the mirror and thinking to yourself, "Yeah, I'm a bad-ass."[;)]
View Quote

and you all have [b]NEVER[/B] done that? puh-leez...

it serves the same function as the bayonet lug on your pre-ban "m4-gery".
who's the bigger poseur: the guy who's all about killin'; or the guy who collects weapons for fun, but realizes they have a practical purpose, and want's to be proficient with them too.

if you want it, get it. have fun.
perhaps it will fan your desire for a real supressor. we've all had a lorcin or tec-nine in our past.
that been said, i wouldn't shoot the weapon with it on.
i might get one myself. oops...  better take the sock out of my pants before i go out. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Sometimes "faux" silencers help to beautify politically neutered firearms. Please see pic below for an example.

[img]http://home.insightbb.com/~toneboy2000/images/05_hk94_001.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#11]
NICE!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice SMG Matt. I bet you've spent A LOT of time in front of the mirror with that baby.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd have to say that it falls in the same category as collapsible stocks that don't collapse,not for me.Fake shit is just that.

Edited to add that you ain't going to hold onto that rig for long....even if you're shooting blanks in your fake suppresor.lol
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I say it beats the hell out having a neutered post ban barrel.  The set screws on the other hand, I hate that idea.  have it pinned on or something.  Set screws will eventually come off and just leave marks on your barrel.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nice SMG Matt. I bet you've spent A LOT of time in front of the mirror with that baby.[;)]
View Quote

Because of the smiley face, I'll assume you're just playing with me [:)] Since I'm turning 36 in a few days, my "posing" days are long behind. A gun is a tool to me and the most important thing about a tool is that it has to function.

In all seriousness, I shoot the heck out of it. I've managed to put 3000+ rounds through it since I got it in May of 2002. If you take the M900A off, it looks bit more "normal". I look at this way. All my CQB style weapons have to have vertical foregrip. I like them to have an RAS so I can mount the foregrip where ever I want. In addition, all my CQB rifles have to have an EO Tech Holosight so and the HK-94 needs a mount.

All I'm saying is regardless of how much it looks like a space, I consider that pic a "glamour" shot. If I need the light, I mount it. If I don't off it goes. Heck, with the M900A on it, the HK-94 weighs more than my AR. That's pretty sad. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I say it beats the hell out having a neutered post ban barrel.  The set screws on the other hand, I hate that idea.  have it pinned on or something.  Set screws will eventually come off and just leave marks on your barrel.
View Quote

Exactly. Luckily, my AR has a fake flash suppressor on it. I can't stand the look of a plain barrel on an AR.

FWIW, the barrel shroud on my HK secures with a set screw that pushes against a metal band inside the end of the shroud. The metal band makes contact with the barrel and the finish wear is minimal. It also stay on fine, especially with a drop of Loc-Tite. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I must agree with MattB, I just dont like the looks of 6 or 7 inches of plain barrel sticking out,And if you want to admit it or not alot of things come down to looks.Thats why i put a fake suppressor on my 9mm carbine....Not as cool as a 10.5 barrel but not as dumb as 7 inches of plain barrel..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Matt B
Please post a Picture of your AR with the Fake Suppressor on it?
I would like to see it?
That HK Is Sweet !!!!! [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Matt B
Please post a Picture of your AR with the Fake Suppressor on it?
I would like to see it?
That HK Is Sweet !!!!! [bounce]
View Quote

Well, at this time I don't have a good picture of it. I would suggest going to the [url=www.fulton-armory.com]Fulton Armory[/url] site. Near the top of their FAR-15 page, there's a composite image that shows their fake flash suppressor up close. Please note that I said it had a "flash" suppressor, not a "suppressor" as in silencer. The Fulton Armory faux flash suppressor is not available separately but do believe there are people other their that offer similar product.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top