Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/2/2003 10:30:45 AM EDT
I want to buy a flat top upper to convert my post ban colt into a A4 style Ar15 after the AWB sunsets. after doing some research I figure the price to do this conversion would be lowers with RRA parts.

Rock river arms
Complete A4 upper        +$400
with out bolt carrier    -$125
with out hand guard      -$18
----------------------------------
total value               $257?

Would a RRA upper work with a colt? Or are there tiny differences that would make it unfeasible?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Your Colt will mate well with the RRA upper.  Only problem you might face is the front pivot pin.  I don't know what year and modle number is yoiur post ban Colt, but in case your front pivot is the large push pin style, you can always get a off set pin.

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/nes-06.asp[/url]

I am kind of anal about the bolt to barrel extension issue, I would suggest you getting a new bolt for your new barrel.  after years of shooting, you might have wear the current bolt to fit the current barrel, by using the current bolt on a new barrel, you might have some problem.  I would just buy a new bolt and save the old bolt with your Colt upper.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a MH-6601, it has a pin in front, not a screw.

And I've only fired 240 rounds
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a MH-6601, it has a pin in front, not a screw.

And I've only fired 240 rounds
View Quote

Sounds like you are good to go then. I have an old SP1, which is kind of a drag. However the collapseable stock makes it a little easier to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]
i think they make adaptors for those
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I called, they don't sell them striped, I guess I'll just use a FN M16A4 upper, you can get them off ebay for $300
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Call a RRA dealer like Sable Co. or Legal Transfers.  They should be able to get you a RRA upper w/o the bolt carrier or HGs.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Pete at Legal Transfers has RRA upper receivers, complete, at $90.00 plus shipping.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
RRA will sell a stripped upper receiver, or an upper assy with port door and fwd assist, but won't sell an "incomplete" upper half.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:38:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I called, they don't sell them striped, I guess I'll just use a FN M16A4 upper, you can get them off ebay for $300
View Quote

What you can get off e bay is what some crook is calling an FN upper.  FN DOES NOT MAKE the A4, and even if they did, they can't sell anything on the civilian market.

Talk to Pete in NH (Legal Transfers) about what you're looking for.  While it's true that the RR factory isn't as flexible as it might be about how they sell their stuff, Pete can put together anything you need out of Rock River parts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top