Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 9:53:23 AM EDT
What's the deal with the preban prices over there? With every passing day pointing to the ban sunsetting, why are the preban prices so stupidly high? More importantly, why are people outside of NY (or other states that won't benefit from the AWB sunset) paying these prices?

I wish I had 10 of them...I'd dump them all.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:00:55 AM EDT
I'm with you Koke, if I had 'em, I'd be a sellin' 'em also. Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. It must be worth it to some folks. Shabo
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:32:59 AM EDT
the new ban they're working on is worse, it's NOT going to get easier
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:45:47 AM EDT
Everybody seems to agree that the current ban will sunset. The instant it does, pre and post ban become the same. If they come back with something tougher at a later date, that doesn't allow grandfathering, then all AR-15's (the $2k prebans and the $500 post-bans) will be illegal. Paying crazy money for a preban version only seems to put more money at risk, with no upside, in an uncertain time.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:42:19 AM EDT
Well rebel b4 they come back with anything stronger. Right?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:45:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ZRH: Well rebel b4 they come back with anything stronger. Right?
View Quote
You said it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:52:29 AM EDT
View Quote
Exactly.
Everybody seems to agree that the current ban will sunset. The instant it does, pre and post ban become the same.
View Quote
There's not going to be any "gap". The new ban will be in place concurrent with the ending of the old ban.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:06:07 PM EDT
I hope the ban goes away, but Im still keeping my prebans.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:15:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sharkman:
View Quote
Exactly.
Everybody seems to agree that the current ban will sunset. The instant it does, pre and post ban become the same.
View Quote
There's not going to be any "gap". The new ban will be in place concurrent with the ending of the old ban.
View Quote
While I'm not complacent, there don't seem to be enough people backing any efforts in the house. I also think the Bush won't back a stronger bill. I think he only voiced his support for the current bill because he know it will never reach his desk.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:21:26 PM EDT
The ban WILL go away, NOT to be replaced.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:25:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bvmjethead: The ban WILL go away, NOT to be replaced.
View Quote
dream on
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:43:01 PM EDT
i just sold a preban lower for $650 on there. sure you can put high prices on stuff, but that doesn't mean anyone will even bother to email you an offer. i had to mark down my lower a little bit every week until it sold, i'm using the $ for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:54:55 AM EDT
If a dealer is selling a preban for $2,400 what do think they bought it for?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:58:32 AM EDT
Probably less than $2000 i hope everyone saying the ban will be renewed is writing letters to their reps like crazy. We're not going to "earn" our rights back by sitting around lamely assuming the inevitable.
Top Top